M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Can Some People Have Little Heart?

Continuing the discussion from Deer Hunting Season:

ON MY WAY TO WORK THIS MORNING CAME ACROSS A DOE THAT HAD BEEN HIT BY A CAR AND ID SAY I PASSED THE CAR THAT PROB HIT IT NOT 20 SECONDS BEFORE THE BSTRD NEVER STOPPED LEFT THE DEER IN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD ALIVE HIPS BROKEN BONE PURTUDING UNFORTUNETLY I DIDN’T HAVE ANYTHING WITH ME TO PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY, ALL I COULD DO WAS DRAG IT TO SIDE OF ROAD AND CALL POLICE AS A HUNTER I KNOW I SHOOT THEM BUT I DONT LEAVE THEM TO SUFFER ,I COULD’NT WAIT AROUND SO I HOPE THE COPS DIDN’T TAKE TOO LONG TO SORT IT OUT , IT SADDENS ME THAT PEOPLE CAN BE SO CRUEL AND CALLOUS AND I HOPE WHO EVER HIT THAT DEER HAS SOME EXPENSIVE REPAIRS TO DO.

4 Likes

Hi Kieran!

Sometimes its tough but try and look at it from a different perspective,

try and imagine your wife or daughter having hit that doe…

There are explanations aside from someone had no heart, someone might have been panicked, first time hitting a deer maybe…

Sounds like you did very well :slight_smile:

(finds self hungry for venison now)

6 Likes

Hmmmm, to me it sounds like the culprit is a woman or maybe just edlerly or something. I don’t like animals suffering like that either. Maybe law enforcement will donate the meat to a shelter or something. I would come claim it but that’s much too far a drive for me.

4 Likes

I live on a curved road. It is a mile in both directions to the 1st intersection on either end. People use my street as a short cut to each furrowfare every morning. We find deer laying constantly. We have encrouched on their territory by building our homes! It always saddens me to see deer down, especially when I know that there are families that are starving! My wife gets angered and I always hear her complaining about others! I just pray that there are people out in the world that ‘try’ to do the right thing depending on the circumstance at hand. We ALL have to do our parts to walk in a good way in life!

4 Likes

at 5 o clock in morning it was more than likely a man going to work but the point is leaving a helpless animal in middle of the road suffering and most definetly dieing to me its not on , would they have done the same if it was a human they hit although some prob would keep going a life is a life even animals

3 Likes

I get your point I agree a terrible way to handle that situation no doubt, I would have loaded it up and salvaged what I could.

3 Likes

For most, my opinion, people lack compassion for animals and are in too much of a hurry in life!

4 Likes

i would have but i was on my way to work it was still alive and i didnt have the means with me to put it down

4 Likes

@hunter1916 I get that, I’m just lucky my boss is super cool I could have told him what happened and he would have been totally cool with it besides it’s not like that happens all the time.

3 Likes

Particularly if you brought him some tenderloins I’d bet :grin:

3 Likes

@Robert Hands off my back strap lol

3 Likes

I live on a rual route, lil bit off of it, but not a lot of traffic. lot of deer collisions (bad for deer) lot of tree collisions (bad for driver.) usually within a 10 mile stretch, 20 to 25 deer a year get hit. usually doe’s. they run down the side of the road, and usually turn across the road. Buck usually turns into the trees. Buck usually bounces straight across the road when they get hit. ( cousin ended up gettin a butt whoopin in the front seat of his Camaro after it came thru the windshield. he was beat up worse than the deer. deer bounded away 20 min after the fact) if the sheriff is at a deer collision, and the animal is FUBAR , i offer. saves the sheriff the firearm discharge paperwork, plus the animal doesn’t suffer for a hour waiting on DNR. I conceal carry 24/7 anyway. usually i have to wait till any traffic clears, so its not seen, or shocks a inattentive driver on their cell phone into running into the trees…

3 Likes

i agree with you 100% but it is illeagal to carry a weapon here even a knife unless your transporting it and cannot be loaded or be able to be seen also goes for knifes if you have a knife in your car it must be in trunk not the glove compartment or in door or under seat , see what i have to put up with over here a pen pusher behind a desk making some of these laws

3 Likes

Oh Brother, ‘tis why I would make a terrible Irishman…or Californian!

3 Likes

@Boomchucker… I have been reading so many posts lately and had mistaken your post

‘Irishman’ and saw ‘lesbian…’ I was laughing so hard that I had almost pissed myself! That made my day at your expense for sure? LMAO

2 Likes