M*CARBO Brotherhood

How about wallets? Do you carry something special?

I have never really had to think about wallets much in my life until I retired. I basically used my credential case as my wallet for most of my adult life, and when traveling, I have used one of the cheapo $5 bifold faux leather wallets that last about as long as a vacation does before falling apart (Visiting family in Mexico made it necessary to leave the creds behind). As for money, I got in the habit of a money clip as that is what my dad used and taught me.

These last few years since retiring has been a struggle with my “wallet strategy”. I’ve already torn through a good number of cheapos. I have not found anything that I was happy with until I found Dango. I’m not going to lie, they are a little pricey, but anything I looked at that was quality and “smart” was going to cost some bucks.

I settled on the Dango D01 Dapper Pen Wallet and got the multi-tool with it. This thing is f’n amazing! Quality build and holds a lot more that you would think without too much bulk. Mine is even one of the biggest in their collection and it is surprisingly compact for everything it does. The pen is really nice and uses non-proprietary “space pen” cartridges (available from different companies) that write upside down etc. I have grown accustomed to splurging on my family, but going really basic for me. Generic tennis shoes, Walmart brand clothes, etc. Fortunately my wife sees the value and importance of guns, and this is the one occasional expense I have indulged in over the years. I felt guilty about throwing down real money for a “luxury” item like a wallet.

When it arrived and I put it all together, I hesitantly showed the wifey, hoping for the best. No furrowed brow, no frowny face, just casual inspection. She casually looked it over, flipped it around a few times and said, “This is nice. You finally decided to stop wasting money and got yourself a real wallet for a change!” I’m a lucky man, and now I have a nice wallet too! What more can a man ask for? :wink:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Right now TURKEY10 In the coupon area will get you 10% off if you go over a C note.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that the metal frame and multi-tool can serve as a form of defensive tool sort of like brass knuckles. It is not a quick deploy at all. But, there if you need it. About 5 seconds with practice.

6 Likes

Not sure how special it is…black leather bifold from the Saddleback Leather Co.. They actually call it a business card holder, full grain leather outer lined with pigskin. Holds two credit cards, driver’s license and med insurance card…everything I need, nothing I don’t and less than 3/8" thick. I was never much for sitting on a fat wallet in my hip pocket, plus too easy to pick. This goes in a front pocket, if they’re picking it they best be whispering sweet nothings in my ear…

3 Likes

I got a wallet from Turek leather works a couple years ago. Works great and looks as good now as it did the day I bought it. I too was on the cheap wallet kick until this one. Mine is elephant on the inside…

image image

3 Likes

Those are great wallets, can’t beat leather.
I’m like @chilipepper, not to much wallet needed, trimmed down over the years.
Now I use fossil.image

5 Likes

That is a pretty cool wallet @MOLON_LABE! There are really some cool wallet makers out there for sure, I see cool one from Etsy, my Instagram, and Twitter pages.
Me, I never really liked a wad in my back pocket, if I had a wallet it road in the front pocket, teens/early 20’s (the black zip wallet). I remember my Dad always using a paperclip or money clip, I decided I’ll try it. I liked the minimalist aspect of the money clip, and started carrying a 2nd knife, its been 20+ years since. My current money/cards clip is this flamed Ti clip I’ve used going on 10yrs. I’m the taking the fam for a hike up Vroman’s Nose lookout Middleburg, NY. I’ll post my EDC pocket dump when I’m at the top of the lookout :metal:

3 Likes

@00Buck

I like money clips as well but ya gotta keep the huns on the inside and the ones on the outside, don’t want no one to think ya be a “high roller” when ya pull out da money.

8 Likes

@00Buck @dave67

I feel you on the money clips…thing is, I haven’t carried paper money in years except when heading to the gun range, 20% discount for range fees if paid in cash. :grinning:

2 Likes

Lol… That Hun is gone already, wife took care of that last night :joy:

4 Likes

@00Buck

See, if that hun was hiding under some ones who knows…might still have been there. :grin:

4 Likes

@chilipepper

For some reason I feel naked with no cash in my pocket, maybe it’s just old school thinking but when I’m out and about I use cash as much as possible.

3 Likes

I agree on the money clip and bill positioning. Mine is a Harley Davidson clip with the “Willie G skull” on it. It’s my way of sending a subliminal message to anyone showing too much interest. Primary reason I carry a clip instead of a wallet has to do with rupturing a disc in my back several years ago that pinched off the sciatic nerve.

4 Likes

I have the same Fossil wallet and love it. It is the best wallet I’ve owned. My first Fossil is still in play but I did replace it after 12 years. Yes 12 years.

1 Like

Back from the family hike and my edc pocket dump for today :+1::metal:
Fox 599 Karambit
Kershaw Launch 8 Auto
Victorinox Cadet
Gerber Armbar
Thorfire PF03 Light
Mets Zippo
Ti Money Clip
Blistex
Moan Labe Coin just for you @MOLON_LABE

2 Likes

I use this $10 wallet I picked up at tractor supply.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/security-wallet

I added one of these on each side, for texture and grip.

I keep my drivers license in one and my hotel key in the other.

This setup works great for me. Holds way more cards, and protects them.
I was getting a lot of credit card damage. Even with high quality wallets.

3 Likes

I saw a wallet made of elephant foreskin. When you rubbed it, it turned into a briefcase. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

We’re moving to a paperless society. The government wants everything done electronically. That way, it greatly limits illegal transactions. You can’t put your weed on the debit card. Hard to by fenced items on a debit card. It all becomes traceable.

Yes, they are eroding our rights on many fronts.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1 Like

Where did you get the coin? That might be my next Tat

I know this is going to sound crazy.

My Dango pictured above, has NINE cards in it. Three IDs (TXDL, Retired Fed, CCW), Debit card, credit card, med ins card, Costco & Sams club cards, AAA card (Three “As” , not two ya buttholes). The multi-tool, the 48 page notebook, and the pen. All just under 1/2 thick! I wear it in my front pocket too and don’t notice it, but I don’t wear skinny jeans either. I travel to Mexico often and the pick-pockets are pretty good. Not getting this one.

2 Likes

@MOLON_LABE

That is a challenge coin, on Amazon for $10.
41CbkG-AkIL.AC_SY400

3 Likes