M*CARBO Brotherhood

How about fiber optic and or night sights for the Ruger pC Carbine

Would love to see MCARBO come out with either fiber optic/and or tritum night sights for the Ruger PC Carbine

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of both sight types as well as the Ruger PCC, but I doubt the tritium sights would be a viable option for MCARBO. Given that tritium is a radioactive isotope and is/has been used in boosted nuclear and thermonuclear weapons (granted in much larger quantities), I believe any items containing tritium are subject to a number of regulations and restrictions. I suspect this would likely make manufacturing less cost effective and inflate the end retail price as a result. Now if they outsourced them to an established tritium sight maker…or designed front and rear sight blocks that would readily mount to the PCC and accept the dovetail sights already available for a particular pistol…

5 Likes

:eye::sunglasses:Here you go…both work perfect for me. …
~500 rounds and loving the fiber optic x tritium irons-sights more and more…:grin::boom::boom::boom:

Now working on lowering the red dot skeleton mount to see what kind of co-witness can be had with my setup. :eye::grin::face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Very nice set up , looks like my own .

1 Like

@Diego1969 Welcome to the forum! :sunglasses:

Thank you! Love my PCC9 and looking forward to lowering the red dot skeleton mount next, and keeping the new upgrade irons.

Post up some pics of your PCC9 soon.:grin:

Don’t forget to introduce yourself on the forum.

Here’s another link to more detail on the Fiber Optic x Tritium Sights
:eye: Modified and installed on my PCC9:

2 Likes

I have the tritium rail model behind the T-Dot on my Charger as a backup sight, if the T-Dot fails I remove it by the quick disconnect and use the SeeAll. Works well.

3 Likes

My new project, Got a few MCARBO upgrades, Waiting on Hand guard from Midwest, happy sicks
Just got the red/green dot today, Next on the list is from MCARBO Muzzle brake, and mag release.

3 Likes

I have an MCarbo muzzle brake I ended up not installing. I went with a KAW Valley compensator instead.

3 Likes

There is a PC 9 out there with a green fiber optic front sight

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19106.html

4 Likes

Better yet for those of us with existing Ruger PCCs, looks like Tandemkross makes a fiber optic set to fit…

https://www.tandemkross.com/TandemKrossReplacementFrontandRearSights

You can buy the set or individually.

3 Likes

I’d rather have one that has protective ears. So 'll just have to wait and hope :slightly_frowning_face:

In the mean while I’ve completely removed the open sights and am using a Romeo 5 red dot.
I didn’t like the big hole left at the rear of my Midwest Industries,so I made a plate to cover this

2 Likes

I agree with you there. I poked around on Ruger’s site, looks like they don’t offer that front for sale. Was thinking the combo of the Ruger front and Tandemkross rear might work…though not sure how the ears might play with the rear fiber tubes for sight picture…

IMHO it won’t work reliably. For me my eyes would get drawn to the brighter rear sight. In my younger days I did a lot of pistol smithing so I tried different combos.
What I’d sometimes do for a customer who had dimmed night sights is to convert them to fiber optics.
DSC00008 (2) DSC00010 05 Diamondback sights

1 Like

I don’t know, I had a front/rear set on a lever gun and they worked very well, no issues focusing on the front sight post. I only pulled them due to the rear sight base being plastic an not holding windage. Now I will say that those sights were inverted with green light tubes on the rear and red on the front, though without testing I wouldn’t want to say if that makes a discernible difference.

I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about a fiber optic rear and a blued front

1 Like

I’d agree with you then, that would be a bit tougher to focus on the front. I still think the colors would work better inverted, but that might just be personal preference. It appears the front comes with both green and red light pipes, no indication that the rear comes with both but I suspect they could be swapped out.

1 Like

You can always buy Hi Viz light pipes to make the sight colors you prefer, just get the proper size.

2 Likes

Assuming they’re a standard size, yes, this would be an option. Also not seeing how they’re held in the rear sight but this is certainly a possibility.

I do like these sights but I’m even more concerned with the durability of the front sight after watching an installation video from TK. As mentioned previously, there is little protecting the light pipe, but of even greater concern to me is the fact that it only uses one screw for attachment as opposed to the factory two. As well, TK didn’t create a boss or any kind of key to lock into the unused screw hole in order to maintain alignment. Just seems like it wouldn’t take much to bump that front sight off.

1 Like

If the sight base matches the barrel profile, one screw is plenty.

2 Likes