M*CARBO Brotherhood

Holosun solar powered red dot

Hi all, I’m Dwayne.
I enjoy hunting and traveling.
I have question about Holosun solar powered red dot.
I saw these a while back and kind of forgot about them. With the supposed 50,000 hr battery life and the solar option it’s kind of piqued my interest. Does anyone have any experience/firsthand knowledge of these sights? I’ve only had one RDS but lost it when i built my dad his first AR last year.

5 Likes

@Gassnas welcome to the forum dwayne

3 Likes

I have a couple holosun red dots, they seem pretty decent. Not as good as the aimpoints I own, but they’re half the price so I wouldnt expect them to be. They are pretty comparable in quality to the vortex red dots.

3 Likes

I have the 510C Elite with the green reticle and I really like it. The solar function supplements the battery, which is why it lasts so long. But, it doesn’t charge it like a solar watch where you never need to replace it. It works if it’s sunny enough outside to run the optic so the battery doesn’t get used in that situation.

6 Likes

@Gassnas Welcome Dwayne to the Brotherhood’

6 Likes

@Gassnas Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

6 Likes

welcome to the forum @Gassnas, the only experience I have with RDS are the SIG ROMEO 5, I love it!
I do have a buddy with the Holosun RDS however he only shoots on indoor ranges and its 50/50 depending on how the lights are. but he is a fan especially for the price!

6 Likes

@Gassnas Welcome aboard Dwayne No experience, but I’m sure there are some in the brotherhood that can offer their insight.

5 Likes

@Gassnas

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Dwayne.

5 Likes