M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hinge bolt help please

I have replaced the rear site with the MCarbo site about almost a year ago now. The problem I am having is that, even with the Blue locktite the hinge bolt comes loose after frequent open and closing. I have made sure I have all the correct washers in the right places. Also if I torque it too tight, then the rear site does not deploy up. It stays folded down. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

4 Likes

I’ve had that happen as well. so I contacted them there was a revision in the part. I have one of the very first ones out though.
If you’re still having trouble scrub the screw and the internal threads out with isopropyl alcohol. let it dry for about 20 minutes. then put it back together with your new Loctite. I normally let mine set open for about 24 hours it seems to help out a lot hope it helps.

9 Likes

Thank you. I will give it a go.

2 Likes

use this stuff. I put it on my gen 1 1000 rounds ago nothing came loose anywhere. like it better than loctite.

3 Likes

What this guy said. Pretty cool stuff.

3 Likes

Thank you. I will look for it.

3 Likes

https://www.grainger.com/product/49CE95?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_I-0n-z-5QIVB5SzCh3uQAEHEAQYAiABEgLhx_D_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI_I-0n-z-5QIVB5SzCh3uQAEHEAQYAiABEgLhx_D_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916684477!!!g!91281356757!

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/00250100?cid=ppc-google-New+–+Zero+Traffic+–+PLA_sNZzujccF___291133167099_c_S&mkwid=sNZzujccF|dc&pcrid=291133167099&rd=k&product_id=00250100&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_I-0n-z-5QIVB5SzCh3uQAEHEAQYBCABEgLJVPD_BwE

your welcome! the 2 not pic showing are MSC and Granger

4 Likes

I use the VC 3 on all fasteners except anything on the barrel,
barrel nut ect get VT19960
ive yet to have anything vibrate or heat expansion loosen

3 Likes

I do the same, and they claim it’s good for 2-3 reuses until reapplication is necessary. Plus you can apply it to fasteners for use at a later date. And it’s not just for firearms. Need to get a vial of the high temp stuff.

4 Likes

I started out using it on go fast motorcycles, natural progression to firearms…:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how I didn’t come across the stuff sooner, been using the typical threadlockers for a long time. Wasn’t until I got back into shooting that I came by it but glad I did nonetheless.

2 Likes

Thank you all. I am ordering it. Let you know how it turns out.

4 Likes