M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hi-Point Trigger and More?

This is my first post on the forum. I’ve purchased the Mcarbo trigger spring upgrade. However, I’ve noticed there are no other internal upgrades available (i.e. full trigger job). I also noticed that other companies aren’t really doing this either. In fact, I’ve read a few warnings that upgrades have led to the firearm going full auto on them. Perhaps that’s why companies aren’t providing more internal upgrades. Anyone have any insight on this?

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @CollectorDQ1
I have a HiPoint MODEL 4095 and replaced the trigger spring and cheek pad which I enjoy but would like more such as a 25 round magazine. They have the 20 round mag available for the 45 carbine. I received an email from Redball the 20 round mag for 10mm is coming and 40 cal will follow.

2 Likes

The best thing with a HiPoint firearm is run 100 to 200 rounds thru it before you give up on it, rifle or pistol !

2 Likes

I also bought a set of two Hi-Point® weaver style Side Rails that mount on each side of the carbine.
I thought I would mount a QD strap on the side rails but that didn’t go as planned.

2 Likes

Given the price of ammo these days, can I just pretend to pull the trigger while saying “Pew! Pew!” 100-200 times?

2 Likes

Close but No cigar for Pew ! Pew ! unless that’s the way you normally practice.

1 Like

The best thing about them is if they do not fire or you run out of ammo, you can throw it at them. Maybe attach some spikes to it to make it better for throwng.
I have a c9, and I can tell you after 1,000 plus rounds, it did get better as far as making a bang when you pull the trigger, but it is still junk. I bought it when they first came out, so maybe they have gotten better, but I am halfway tempted to make some money off of it by taking it to the range and offering 2 to 1 odds for anyone putting 5 in a 6in circle at 15 yards with no time limit. I would be able to afford a new pistol in no time.
My wife’s shield blows it out of the water and it is not even close and it is smaller (shorter barrel) and not even what I would call an upper class firearm. Not bad mind you, but I have done nothing to her firearm and it was what $450 - $500 iirc.

Your firearm, your decision, your money that why the US has choices so far ! If I complained that much about Any firearm I would have used it for trade in a long time ago, that’s another wonderful thing about the US so far !

1 Like

I would feel bad trading it in. Honestly I would.

1 Like

Yes, I think the 995ts is a big improvement from the original!

1 Like

5 shots in a 6" circle at 15 yards? If you had to shoot for real, the perp ain’t walking away from that. If s/he complains about getting shot by a HiPoint instead of a Glock or Sig, they can whine to the judge or ER staff.

2 Likes

Hysterical! I get that if you are a part of a full-time military assault team, or swat team, flawless gear matters. But for the average recreational shooter, it’s still a fine and reliable weapon that’s a lot of fun to shoot and will do just fine for self-defense. I think people seem to miss that there is always something better out there…But is that really the point.

1 Like

Point is it is near impossible, even taking all the time you want. In a speed equal to a situation, you might be lucky to get 1 or 2, out of 5 in a 6in target. I am probably 15-16in across in body mass which in a situation, you are going to be lucky to hit, given taking all the time in the world you are only going to be able to put 2-3 out of 5 in a 6in circle. Maybe they will get scared and move into the way?? LOL.
Yet at 10 yards (only distance I have shot hers at) I can put over half the mag into a pop can. That is shooting at a quicker pace. Not fast, but not 20 seconds between shots either. Maybe a 2-3 seconds between shots.

2 Likes

Have you compared the first generation to the second generation?

2 Likes

Why are there no firearms on Hi Point website?

https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/ has firearms
https://www.hi-pointfirearms.net has accessories…
never mind

People who have never been under Very High Stress ( like someone trying to kill YOU ) will not understand why it sometimes takes police 5-8 rounds or more to hit the target & stop the threat. It’s not a good learning curve to go through but a real one !.

2 Likes

Very well said! Perspective is everything.

3 Likes

No. I imagine they have gotten better over the years. I think I bought mine in… 2003?? Man it has been a long time.

This is exactly why skill and equipment are important.
I seen a video of a guy that shot a judge in front of a courthouse. Iirc he fired 5 times at close range and only hit him once.
What got me about the video is the judge shot back at him while he was running away. Hit him but did not kill him. You know if that were any of us shooting an assailant as they were running away…
I do not disagree with the judges decision, just saying fr the average guy it seems the law would.

2 Likes