M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hi point carbine

I just saw that @ChrisNelson put up a spring upgrade video, that trigger definitely needs work, I’d like to see an aluminum flat face trigger for it which shouldn’t be hard, it would probably take the felt trigger pull down, I don’t know if there is anything else you can do with it being that everything on the carbine is just so chunky…

1 Like

Nice video… Cool to have other options out there. Good suggestion from Omnivorous. Thanks M*CARBO.

1 Like

Oh, and a charging handle, I know there are other companies that make them, but I think Chris would do a better job, hi point carbine is so fun to shoot because you can put whatever ammo you want through that thing and it will eat up anything and their warranty is pretty good.

1 Like

My son came down to our place yesterday to shoot his HiPoint carbine he had upgraded with thr bullpup conversion. I was shooting my sub2k with muzxle beak.
The bullpup conversion was pretty cool the latch needs a little work because it’s not engaging fully.

2 Likes

Is it the Hightower MBS95? I want one of those… I heard the trigger has no feedback at all when you put the kit on though… not that the factory trigger is great or anything

1 Like

Yes that wad the convo kit, he us a lefty so he added the ejector deflector.
It ran ok except for the latch popping after 5 or so rounds.
We are making plans to hit a rage for red dot sighting. We’ll also take a closer look at the bar that locks the convo kit on to the rifle to see if we can get a full latch.
I cant seem to add a pic to the thread so I’ll look into that after work.

@Omnivious Yeah I purchased a charging handle on eBay, there are a few nice ones actually. The one functional complaint I had about the HiPoint was that the stock charging handle would ALWAYS work loose. I didn’t want to use loctite because you have to take it off every time you disassemble so I got one on eBay and it works great and looks cool too. This one specifically: $19.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HI-POINT-Charging-Handle-Roller-Green-with-bolt-995-4095-4595-TS-or-classic-USA-/161870703974?hash=item25b03eed66

2 Likes

Wow, that does look good, how does it come off for disassembly?

@Omnivious It uses allen key, where the OEM uses the HiPoint “tool” I just keep an allen key in the storage compartment in my vertical grip

I got the green one because I painted mine HULK green and this one matched, they make many colors.

1 Like

Cool, I like it, I still think Chris can do it better but I guess one of these can hold me over until he makes one😉

1 Like

those o-Rings add a little soft yet grippy texture as well

1 Like