M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hi Point 4595TS

Hey, guys. Newb here. Would anyone else think a stainless guide rod and recoil spring would be a good thing for Hi Point carbines?

5 Likes

@DBM Welcome to the Brotherhood.

I can’t speak for that specific firearm myself but you might want to search and/or post about it in this thread.

Also, don’t forget to post here and introduce yourself to the crew. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I dunno … any “guide rod” failures to report? I’m pretty sure you’ll want a spring steel spring though.

Mine has been dead reliable. I have an MCARBO trigger kit to install whenever it finally hiccups and gets a cleaning. Mine is 1095 FWIW.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I just got this weapon, and haven’t shot or field-stripped it yet, but I noticed what looks like a plastic guide rod, so right off the bat I’d like to replace it. And yes, I’m definitely down for the stainless spring.

3 Likes

@DBM

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Dana!

5 Likes

Thanks, lonewolf. Great to be part of this group.

5 Likes

@DBM Welcome to the Hood! Yes it would be a Nice Improvement !
So far all my Springs and Kits and Guide Rods from M*Carbo have made them all More Better’:sunglasses: (2) 1911’s (1) Pmr 30 (1) Sub 2000 gen2 with all Updates and (1) AR Trigger Spring (1) Cz 75 Spring Update.

6 Likes

Cool. Thanks for the input.

4 Likes

@DBM welcome to the forum dana

3 Likes

@DBM

My ‘very first’ experience with a polymer guide rod was with a Ruger SR22 pistol back in 2012. In my ‘reading’ I had learned that a steel replacement rod will improve recoil, balance the weight, and of course ‘wear better’ (improve longevity.) I have put over 5k rounds through it with very few FTF and FTE. That gun seems to ‘eat everything…’ Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and keep a well cleaned firearm and you should run ‘trouble free…’ There are many modifications that can enhance a firearm and this ‘hobby’ becomes very addictive!. Just stay away from making too many changes at once. Happy shooting, my friend!

4 Likes

Welcome to the brotherhood. What does the Stainless steeel guide give you that the stock one doesn’t (I have zero experience with Highpoints), if the stock rod is plastic, most likely it will be an improvement.

4 Likes

Hey, squidder. My experience with other guns and plastic guide rods has not been positive. Truthfully, I dont even know for sure that the guide rod is plastic (I haven’t cracked it open yet), but I’d bet it is.

2 Likes

Hunter, thanks for the warm welcome! I’m sure we’ll be talking at you later.

2 Likes

Is kind of addictive, but also expensive…

2 Likes

Chilipepper, thanks for the shout out. I’ll do that.

2 Likes

@DBM Sure thing, you’re at a good place here. Haven’t found a forum like this anywhere else, good people, good info, no bull (unless it’s in jest). Again, welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, man. Good to be here.

1 Like

@DBM cead mead failte dana

3 Likes

Whoah, u lost me there…

2 Likes

@DBM its irish for one hundred thousand welcomes :smiley:

2 Likes