Here is some good news 📰

Imagine being a serious golfer and getting down to ground level to sight up your putt. And then you have to explain to your doctor that you got pink eye while playing golf lol

6 Likes

I got that from horseshit once. Lot’s of the single track access in the area of PA I lived was via multi use trails, mainly horseback riding. Not always easy to avoid, I clipped a mound of “road apples” and got hit with a double…not only did a large clump of equine feces land on the nozzle of my water bottle (effectively ending any chance of hydration while riding) but some splattered into smaller particles, covering a fair amount of the front of my body with a mist of dookie. Apparently a bit got in my eye, resulting in an eye infection shortly after.

4 Likes

PINK EYE I guess I lucked out. Growing up, neighboring farm kids would play follow the leader on our dirt bikes. The kid who lived on the farm would take the lead and the others had to follow/keep up. Since each leader knew the idiosyncrasies of their own property it could be difficult to keep up. One common prank was to cross streams where there was only a six inch difference between a depth of two inches and a depth of two feet, leaving the followers to miss the shallow area and end up bogged down in the water.

The best/worst trick was played on me by a neighbor. I had stayed on his heels for a long time when he disappeared around the corner of the main milking barn. As I rounded the corner he was stopped in front of me in 18 inches of wet cow manure. I was able to stop before going too deep myself but that was when he locked his front brakes and opened up the throttle sending a rooster tail of crap all over me and my bike. I had to admire the stunt but never quite forgave him for the manure bath.

7 Likes

Maybe the Canadians know something we don’t with their rush to get vaccinated to buy some weed…

6 Likes

Hey now thats an experimental use medication i can get behind trying out!

7 Likes

Impressive battery upgrade for EV range:

3 Likes

Ted makes a complete fool of the FBI (though, not really hard to do) and their possible role in the January 6th “mostly peaceful” protest…

media

11 Likes

Driving-range anxiety has been identified as one of the main issues the US faces when it comes to the electrification of transportation. A 2021 study found that [one in five EV owners switched back](Electric Car Owners Switching to Gas Because Charging Hassle: Study) to a gas-powered car because of the hassle of charging their electric car.

4 Likes

I know at least 20 people here with EV’s….none have switched back and now their kids are buying EV’s. Charging stations are in just about every town around here now…and still popping up.
Grocery store parking lots have them and police stations.

It will cost around $7.65 to charge a Tesla Model 3. Depending on the variant, this is between 3 and 4 cents per mile. If you own a Tesla Model S, you can expect to pay about 3.7 per mile. A full charge will cost $15.29 total. :scream::sunglasses::beers:

Each month, North Carolina is seeing increased growth in electric vehicle sales and more electric vehicle charging stations being installed. There are now more than 560 public stations installed across the state, with more than 1,250 that electric vehicle drivers can plug into.

Got a quote to have all the fluids, spark plugs, filters changed for my 2016 Subaru…~$900 and that was a 4/cylinder car!!! :scream::rage::rage::rage: Did it myself but dealing with it was a PITA…and I had a headache for two days.dealing with the stinky smells.
No wonder people are switching to electric.
Wish all of my “FOSSIL FUELED CHARIOTS” were EV’s :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sweet….:grin::ok_hand:

6 Likes

The supreme court on Thursday blocked the Biden administration from enforcing a requirement that employees at large businesses be vaccinated against Covid-19 or undergo weekly testing and wear a mask on the job.

14 Likes

More tyranny to follow.

3 Likes

I bet that lib bi¥ch judge voted to shut down the country and kill all the people. Just a hunch.

5 Likes

@MountainHunter, just curious. How long does it take to charge an EV? Doubt I will ever own one unless it’s for just around town. Here in Texas a commute can be measured in 100’s of miles. Can’t see myself driving an EV with a gas generator in the trunk just to get back home.
I drive a little Tacoma as a daily driver but when I really hit the road, I’m in my Duramax diesel. The fuel it carries I have about an 1800 mile range. If pulling my TT I can still get 1450 miles. Don’t know of an EV that will do that.

3 Likes

Average charging time for Teslas are ~30 minutes from empty to full at a Supercharger Station. Other times for slower charging is listed.
I imagine a 15 minute charge will be coming at some point.

Closest SuperCharger station is about 5 miles from me.

On top of that, if all four wheels/motors were also regenerative chargers, descending hills here, a significant amount of “free charging” could occur…:face_with_monocle::sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t plan on purchasing an Ev but you never know. I am torn but it is not on my calendar.

4 Likes

It’s getting very interesting….:scream::sunglasses:

6 Likes

It looks like a Hot Wheels toy

11 Likes

A “butt ugly Hot Wheels Toy”. If I was driving by that thing I would point at the driver and laugh.

11 Likes

@MountainHunter Really It’s the Jetsons come Alive’ Text&Flying Scares Me Jesus what Next. :rofl:

7 Likes