M*CARBO Brotherhood

Henry Lever Actions w/ Custom Serials

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/create-your-own-henry-heirloom/

I’ve been wanting one in .357/.38, or maybe .45LC to go with the SAA I hope to inherit, but frankly a .22LR model is kinda tempting. Almost $300 cheaper and you could shoot all day. Would be fun to pass down to kids I hope to have some day. There’s also a youth model for those with kids currently.

Anyone else as tempted as me?

(I’ve already bought two guns in a month I really can’t justify it).

2 Likes

I bought the .22 with octagon barrel, really like it. I have the blues version as it has the scope mounts and added a cheap BSA sweet .22 with A ring mount so that you can still use irons. I absolutely love it just plinking, it’s a nice shooter. My sister has the 22 golden boy and I personally thought it was a little tacky and required work if you wanted a small scope. I bought a Rossi .357 lever which shoots phenomenally well and has the traditional side load. The Rossi was less than half the price than the other option and when I research it most got better reviews with cheap ammo and using .38 rounds. Mine has functioned great with everything I have thrown at it manufacture wise with both 357 and 38. The only brand it would take was the LAX as the lip was more pronounced on the brass.

1 Like

No idea if I’d want a scope, and while I think I like the look of the Golden Boy, 50% more for the bling.

I’m generally hearing good things about Henry. Might get one for fun and an eventual Heirloom, and consider a .357 down the line.

1 Like

I want one of the “long Ranger” Henry .308 cal lever actions so bad i can almost taste it. maybe the first of the year…they are offered in .223,.243,and .308, 223 is 5 round cap, .243/.308 is 4 round.price for a iron sight version, $1,066.00
a lever gun in that cal, gives me goose bumps.henry_long_ranger_308_lever_ac_640

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeballing the 22 with the octagon barrel and the 357/38. Too bad I haven’t caught one on sale yet. I haven’t heard much, if any, bad things about them.

3 Likes

I haven’t really tracked the Henry’s closely, but have never really seen much of a “sale” for them. I love my Henry .22 and probably love my Rossi .357 just as much. Both fun lever guns.

3 Likes

Why must everything I want never go on sale? 1st world problems…

3 Likes

@Pew_Ding There are no bad things about a Henry lever action rifle and customer service is wonderful if you ever need it. I have one in .17 HMR, it is beautiful, super accurate and fun. As far as pricing just shop around, you might not find sales but pricing does vary from seller to seller.

5 Likes

@dave67 Nice looking gun

4 Likes

I’ve been watching this thread and … picking my serial number just pushed Henry into the buy column. I’m not a fan of tube loading, but 22lrs with loading gates are hard to come by, so …

I’m gonna pop my own 22lr Lever Action Cherry with a Henry Evil Roy. I’m embarrassed by how excited the custom serial option has made me. And, since a lever is what I really, really wanted way back, more than 40 years ago, when my pops started this whole thing by gifting me a Glenfield 25.

Edit to add:. Trigger pulled 9.29.2018. LMAO at the Spee-D-Loaders that landed Thursday. My first tube magazine rifle lands in December but I now have tube mag speed loaders on the ready.

4 Likes

Congrats! That’s a good looking rifle. I’m leaning towards the Golden Boy; I like the extra bling :man_shrugging: possibly the youth model, to hopefully teach my kids with (when I have them haha).

That said, some day I’d like to get a full size in either .357 or .45 LC. Probably just blue steel there.

4 Likes

@TheThreeLaws

A friend of mine has the Big Boy in .357. It is heavy, but fun to shoot.

Have the .22 mag Golden Boy. Beautiful gun. Still need to take it out shooting.

1 Like

Apparently the custom Henry’s are starting to arrive and be shipped out. Hopefully I’ll have my .22 Golden boy in a week or so

2 Likes

My Evil Roy landed Monday via FedEx. I gotta believe it received extra detailed attention on the build 'cause it’s slick like it’s already broken in.

5 Likes

@Dred Henrys are great rifles (they all feel “broken in”) and that Evil Roy is a cool little piece. Their customer service is second to none. I bought a Henry Survival Rifle and the butt stock had a small crack in it, they sent me a brand new butt stock in a new box and all I did was make a phone call.

3 Likes