M*CARBO Brotherhood

Help with custom job

I’m customizing my KSG shot and ran into a snag. . I’m replacing the stock rail with an extended rail. One of the M4x12 dome head bolts on the top rail got stripped and need help to take off. I was thinking maybe a Rocket socket set to extract the bolt but not sure if the smallest socket (6mm) would be able to extract bolt. Any suggestions?

6 Likes

Is the screw the type that has a inset hex for an Allen key? If so a regular screw extractor set from home depot should do it

8 Likes

Post a picture of it, I know a few tricks…

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Drill and use a reverse extractor that might work.

4 Likes

@RaiderAnt welcome to the forum anthony

3 Likes

You can try the screw extractor sets, but I’ve never had much luck with them because you can’t drill deep enough in a small screw to get enough bite. If you plan to try this, do it first.

Honestly I’d go to the dremel tool with a cutoff wheel and make a big slot for the biggest flat screwdriver you have that will fit in between the rails.

I have used jb weld to glue a good screw on top of a damaged screw after cutting slots in the damaged head for more torque transfer. I’d use that as a last resort though.

Being in the rail cuts down on your options. A small torch to heat the screw (and loosen any lock tote) wouldn’t hurt either. Just be careful not to mess up the finish on the gun.

Good luck.

7 Likes

@RaiderAnt I bought this for a project a few years ago. I’ve found it to work out really well on just about all the stripped bolts and screws I’ve had issues with. I’ve used it many times in the past years now and it has proven to be worth the investment.

5 Likes

Might look into that as well thanks

2 Likes

thanks! I try it out

4 Likes

All worked out thanks for the help y’all… she’s looking good…

8 Likes

@RaiderAnt what did you do to remove broken screw?

1 Like

Drill and tap. The bolt was loaded with white thread lock

2 Likes