M*CARBO Brotherhood

Help! kelTec sub 2000

Ok i’ve taken the butt stock off and the spring out and replaced my charging handle with the new one trying to put the spring back in and I mistakenly pressed the trigger now I can’t get the bolt and everything back where it should be up into the tube what do I do?

6 Likes

@Firemedcop Fold it, get a dowel and push hammer down (hard) until it locks.

17 Likes

Thank you I got it :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@Firemedcop Almost all of us have done it at some time.

9 Likes

I put the safety on any time the butt is off. And welcome to the forum, @Firemedcop.

11 Likes

@Firemedcop Welcome to the Hood and Enjoy you Will’ :smiley:
As Joe Said we’ve all done it’ I almost :poop: First Time. :rofl:

8 Likes

@Firemedcop welcome to the forum

4 Likes

It looks like (Joe) Neridicus beat us to the answer :joy: Welcome to the forum :metal:

4 Likes

Maybe im the weird one here… but my safety is on until im shooting. Is there a field stripping situation im missing that would make me want the safety off?

3 Likes

I bet that comment is for folks who handle long guns like me. I don’t carry long guns and generally only ever use the safety when it is required on a cold range. My sub is stored folded so it is absolutely safe unless I’m shooting. For me, the idea of engaging the safety with the bolt out is novel. In my case I’ve never pulled the sub trigger without an installed bolt but that is 'cause I don’t pull triggers until I’m trying to punch holes or dry firing in a safe direction. Firearms that require trigger pulls as a disassembly step do not appeal to me. I used the tool when I had my M&P 2.0. And … pulling bolts on my bolt actions is decidedly uncomfortable because trigger pull.

Betcha I use the safety next time I pull the sub bolt - thx for the tip. It will be ok to laugh for however long it takes me to diagnose the dead trigger on reassembly.

9 Likes

Well, I’ve heard that about you but not because of the safety. :grin: I sometimes drop the hammer on the sub because I use a long bottle brush through the breech hole so I can clean it a little better. Cock it again - and put it on Safe - to use the brush through the recoil tube. Run a shotgun snake from ejection port to butt afterwards, then q-tips to clean up nooks and crannies.

4 Likes

Welcome to da form FMC!

3 Likes

@phuzzy42 i would hope my oddness is obvious enough to not need to take someone elses word for it…:crazy_face::crazy_face:

Wasnt targeted, really. I only have a few select long guns in regular rotation, and now that ya got me thinking about it, i dont ever have a safety on while stripping a pistol. But always do for my long guns.

Best safety ever👍

6 Likes

@Dred Thank You, Step 101 Beginners gun Safety,

6 Likes

No, and yes, in that you are doing it by the book. I, for one, have had some cheap firearms that had even cheaper safeties. As a result, I tend to not trust safeties, and then the negligent discharge.

6 Likes

Fully with you on not trusting safeties. Cheap or not, the operator’s training, is the best safety device available.

5 Likes

@firemedcop
Welcome aboard. Great ppl and advice here.

3 Likes