M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hello everyone + some info on MAGPUL MIAD Grip

Hi all, just purchased a PC Carbine and decided to join the group here to share information.

I decided to add a MAGPUL MIAD grip and had problems getting it to install properly. Looks like they don’t work on the Ruger PC. (See note back from MAGUL below). Wanted to pass it along to hopefully spare someone the same experience and or figure out a solution.

———————————-
“Good afternoon! According to Ruger after market grips may not fit their chassis system. Our grips are only guaranteed to fit mil-spec AR/M16 lower receivers.

Customer Comment/Question:
Hi, I purchased a MIAD grip for my Ruger PC Carbine (9mm) and I’m having problems with it rocking front to back. The grip does not seat properly. I tried with different MIAD parts but it always rocks a bit - reinstalled the original and no problem. Did this several times to be sure, but I could never get the MAGPUL MIAD grip to seat perfectly. It is a type 1 grip (see picture below) - is this a known problem and if not, what can be done to resolve the rocking? “
———————————

Stay safe…
Norm

9 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, @norm. Good to know about the grip. Feel free to join in the mayhem here.

6 Likes

@Norm Welcome aboard.

6 Likes

@Norm welcome to the forum norm

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the hood Norm!

5 Likes

Is it rocking because the screw is too long? Maybe a shorter one will work.
Or am I not understanding the issue correctly. Please provide a picture.
And welcome to the forum.

7 Likes

Wow, you are my new hero - I did not even think about that - a shorter screw fixed it. Funny the kit came with a shorter screw but I did not use it thinking it was the same length but when I held them side by side it was just a touch shorter. Works great now - thanks for helping!!!

7 Likes

Really glad I could help. Still want pictures. LOL.

6 Likes

@Norm Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Looks like @ValorSolo is sporting his superman cape today, eh? :grinning:

6 Likes

Sure - here you go and thanks again!!!

10 Likes

Wow. That is nice. A real beauty. Thanks.

8 Likes

@Norm

That is beautiful!!

4 Likes

When I purchased my Ruger PC9 back on Black Friday 2018 Chassis did not exist for the PC9 yet but this past Black Friday Midwest Industries had their Chassis available and I ordered one along with with SIG Folding Stock and Handguard. That being said the Midwest is a little different from the Ruger but I did put a Magpul MIAD, Holosun HS503GU which is CoWitnessed with the MLOK Midwest mount, Oight Valkyrie Pro, and all the Mcarbo Available goodies Except the lighter Trigger Spring Kit I prefer a 4.5LB Trigger Pull. If you Grip is Loose and Rocking back and forth you may not have your Grip Screw far enough in or the Screw is too Long. Now Did you use the Ruger Screw or the Magpul? You can add a few washers to take the Sloop off. Normally I use the Star type LOCK Washer which add some space to take sloop off, The Angle of the Beavertail of the MIAD might be the issue like it was on my MIDWEST Chassis so I was not able to use it like the picture shows. That is a GLock magazine with a Kriss Mag Extension for a total of 40rds of 124gr JHPs of Underwood Love!

9 Likes

If you want some of the benefit of the beavertail and a thicker grip, about an hour with a coping saw and Dremel can get you something like this. I was banging the 3rd knuckle on my index finger regularly on the chassis so I decided to have a go at one of the deeper MIAD back straps with the tail. This is the result and I am very glad I did it (as is my finger)…

pcc_miad

8 Likes

Hi AF22Raptor - yes the screw was too long - A-OK now - BTW, your setup looks great - I need to look into adding some (or all) of the Mcarbo goodies to also…

3 Likes

You can go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a Shorter Screw from the Fastner section just take the one that you have and have one of the Sales Reps help you find the right now. I do not remember the size or I would give it to you then also get a couple of the Star Locking washers.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Grip screw may be a bit too long. You could always add and extra grip screw washer as a shim instead of trying to find a shorter screw. Any washer would work really as long as it is of similar dimension.

2 Likes

Thanks - for the idea - and the welcome Chanderson1!!!

2 Likes