M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hellcat vs. J-frame for CCW

Here’s a comparison between the tried and true and the new kid on the block. Let me know your thoughts!

Howard

5 Likes

@hrfunk I think my choice would be the Hellcat because of capacity and the slimness of the firearm.

7 Likes

I like my j-frame for carry, it’s comfortable and I don’t need to worry about a kydex holster with clip and everything. But I’m nowhere near as effective with it as either my Beretta Tomcat or Shield 9, and it’s not pleasant to shoot.

4 Likes

Never fired a Hellcat, but I sure carried a J-frame S&W for a lot of years both on and off duty. Even qualified expert with it. Gotta go with what you know!

4 Likes

have carries springfield xdm sub compact for years. Have recently switched to jframe 642. Plus to loaders on my belt. Jframe IWB with CT laser is hard to beat for concealment. With the CT aiding in accuracy plus 15 yards. However I pulled my jframe out Saturday to install M*CARBO spring. (Hoping to get DA trigger pull under 7lbs). But could not get the cylinder to release. I have never had the internal safety in lock position. Have toggled it back and forth. Still cylinder will not release.

4 Likes

Like comparing a pineapple to an apple. 2 completely different weapons. It has to do with personal choices & concealability of your choice also your physical limitations. Both have their own place in life.

2 Likes

@hrfunk
Great video, do you have any tours planned?
I have been interested in the Hellcat since I first saw it. I have watched a number
of videos and just cant wait until I can get out again.

1 Like

Sorry, no tours planned. If you make it to north central Ohio, let me know and I’ll give you a chance to shoot mine.

Howard

2 Likes