Hellcat pro trigger + Striker reset issues

This is my (second) post, but i have a ton of MCarbo products for my KSG, RDB, and now Hellcat pro but I’m hav8ng my first issue.

I bough the Hellcat spring kit, trigger shoe and titanium striker for the Hellcat and I’m having trigger reset issues. It doesn’t happen all the time but once every 4 or 5 rounds. The round chambers but I’ll have a dead trigger. Looking at the frame with the slide removed the sear reset is sluggish but i don’t see any binding. I clean my gun regularly so there isnt any build up that i can see, and i didn’t have any problems prior to installing the new titanium striker assembly, but that may be coincidental. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

@jtrauer,
You may want to remove the striker sleeve and check for burrs on the inside edges. Do NOT use any type grease between the sleeve and striker. Either use dry lube or 1 drop of light gun oil, i prefer synthetic oil (amsoil gun lube).
Not sure on the MCarbo trigger, but if it’s adjustable for reset, check that adjustment.
Let us know what you find out. May help others in the future.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it now. I bought just the SS sleeve before the titanium assembly was offered and that ran fine, so you may be onto something if that’s causing the striker to bind up.

2 Likes

That is odd it’s every 4 or 5 rounds. I would try and switch one thing at time possibly to see the main concern. Also, in the hellcat pro, the striker spring is used to reset the trigger so possibly try placing the OEM striker spring into the striker assembly. Let me know how it goes.

3 Likes

I polished the striker sleeve and bottom of the striker and will try again at the range, but I’m seeing that the reset issue is happening with dry fire now as well. In fact when i rack with the trigger depressed i generally get this malfunction with the same frequency. I noticed with the dead trigger i could wiggle or bump the frame and hear a click like the trigger bar finally reset. Since the reset of the trigger bar is balanced against the trigger return spring would it make sense to decrease the disconnector spring strength to make it easier to release? So in essense the striker spring, trigger return spring, and disconnector spring are all balanced?

1 Like

This seems to be whats binding up.

1 Like

And I’m noticing that when i apply pressure on the slide to the right (when looking at the rear of the pistol) it often falls to reset. It’s like the disconnector plunger isnt long enough. When it failed to reset I pushed the slide to the left (towards the plunger) and it freed the sear. So weird. M-Carbo, can you make a failure resistant disconnector plunger pwitty pwease?

1 Like

When I put the MCarbo titanium striker in my Hellcat i had already up graded the sear, disconnector, striker safety, sear spring, disconnector spring, and a striker safety spring with a Powder River Precision kit. Also had already installed a Hyve Monarch adjustable trigger. The installation of the titanium striker was an easy 5 minute job for me and it has run flawless since. I will add that when I added the Monarch trigger I had over adjusted reset screw on the trigger (wouldn’t reliably reset after pulling the trigger) and did have to disassemble the gun to readjust the trigger. No problems since though.

Trigger I used.

Trigger spring kit.

2 Likes

You think that I’ll be GTG with that spring and sear kit? Is there a dimentional difference between the PRP disconnector plunger and stock?

1 Like

I wish I could answer that for you but I really didn’t pay that much attention. I had read lots of reviews about the different upgrades offered and went with these from recommendations and reviews. I got my Hellcat when they first came out and I could actually find one in stock. There wasn’t many upgrades to choose from then. I really got lucky that everything is working together so well since I have parts in it from 3 different aftermarket companies.

3 Likes

One thing you could try is put the new striker and spring in the factory striker sleeve. That will at least tell you if it is the sleeve causing drag on the striker.

1 Like

I should only be looking to make sure that my Hellcat Pro is reliable to carry, but it’s tough to go back to the stock trigger components after using the m-carbo upgrades. I’m pretty certain that it’s not the striker sleeve now that I’ve been able to reproduce the issue in dry firing, with or without the enhanced striker assembly installed. This reminds me of my failed XDE purchase where the mag release would stick. The online fixes were a combination of lubing and not lubing the release mechanism. Seemed every combination would eventually lead to a stuck release. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of the issue and get a combo that works for me and let’s me trust it enough to carry it again. The Hellcat pro is the perfect size and it fits my hand like a glove. fingers crossed

1 Like

Well, I ordered the PRP base trigger kit, so we’ll see if that fits the bill. (no big deal if it doesn’t, it may be a lemon)

2 Likes

Have you tried disassembling this sear and parts - Polish this pins and All Matting surfaces? metal to metal / plastic too - I always do this to mine — this type of sear looks almost like the Striker fire DVG1 By sccy ---- But as I said – After you take it apart also check clearances before assembly. If you have too Tight of tolerance and if you tweak the slide to make it work – sounds as if something is too tight in the Sear area .

2 Likes

Hey there This is Ken with MCARBO, would you mind reach out to me via email so i can work with you on this. Help@mcarbo.com.

2 Likes

I had the same issue after the Mcarbo adjustable trigger and tiranium striker were installed. The Gunsmith had to adjust the trigger reset a couple of times to get it to work.

1 Like