M*CARBO Brotherhood

Heavy bolt availability

Why is the S2K Heavy Weight Bolt perpetually out of stock!!! Did KEL-TEC discontinue sale of that item? been trying to get my hands on one for years!?

3 Likes

Keep trying. I have one which was in stock when I decided to grab it in early 2020.

6 Likes

Very nice, got my nib .40 m&p variant back in 2017 for 340$ been building her up since, looking for that final piece of Résistance (Heavy bolt) but it is harder to find than a PS5!

6 Likes

So I lit a fire and now S2K Heavy Bolt’s are back in stock go grab one :grin:

5 Likes

For what it is worth, I did not see a major difference in felt recoil after installing the heavy bolt but it did make the recoil less “snappy” than with the OEM bolt.

4 Likes

I bet, it’s just an oz lol but still has its advantages, regardless, anything to alleviate the cataclysmic pressure on that solid polymer

2 Likes

You could drill it out and fill it with lead and/or use a stiffer recoil spring. The firearm itself is too light to absorb a lot of recoil - it’s just gonna bounce. The rubber butt pad mentioned in another thread helps keep actual bruising from happening.

1 Like

I love mine !!! bought in 2018 I do believe !
I admit, I AM SPOILED :rofl:

Here are the weights.

Read about what I think is the most SMOOTHING of the FUNCTION treatments to the S2K the sear/hammer/bolt/weight. To make it more accurate.
See the tread polishing ETC

Could it be the brass recharge bolt, rebounds “softer” than the steal bolt.
I will go shoot the S2K Frankenstein tomorrow.

Here is my .40 S2K at 25yd today. I will be posting it in the proper place later

5 Likes

So nice to see the product with measurements, thank you @Turmeric ! I will definitely be checking that out. The S2K still has evolutions to go, I was thinking, with the buttpad, iron buffer, cherry Lifesaver, heavy bolt, and the recoilless charging handle would mitigate alot of vibration on that ass. + all aluminium grips and forend… :raised_hands:

2 Likes

The Red Lifesaver,and the buttpad do Help’ :+1:

2 Likes