M*CARBO Brotherhood

Heat wave on the left coast

Hopefully melt a few snow flakes
Don’t know where to post but here at ocean, Quinault Marina and R V park.
100 in the shade.

Queing up a prime rib.

12 Likes

Rum and cokes melting way too fast

14 Likes

Freeze the lime slices the night before. Needs less ice which means less watering down :tumbler_glass:

13 Likes

Praying for the elderly folks without AC. :pray:

The young folks in Portland? Go for a good long run in a parka without drinking water all day.

15 Likes

Went out to my vehicle to check the real temp here at the shop… Spokane Valley…108’…but take note of the song playing…can’t make this up.

13 Likes

@Dr_Olds That picture explains what the problem is with the west coast… your clocks are set to the wrong time.

12 Likes

@TexasEskimo

If only that was the problem with the Left coast…

:snowflake::snowflake:

8 Likes

104 at home today. The last heat wave was hotter, 109. Been hosing down the chickens shade netting to act like natural ac. I’m 100% surprised we havent lost power yet (knock on wood).

Furnace creek a week or two ago hit 130 (death valley). Been there when it was 125 working a fire investigation.

This summer is going to be a hoot!

If you have to be in the sun cover up, the uv index is very high.

13 Likes

Yea its in the hundreds in Seattle, usually get some relief at the beach pretty hot today

8 Likes

When will the high temps break?

6 Likes

@Albroswift

I think our airport (who lives at the airport?) got to 102’ today. Gotta be record’s for your neck of the woods.

@TexasEskimo

Spokane’s next day under 100’ is July 4th (99’). Low 80’s would be more the norm here right now.

7 Likes

High 80s to low 90s in my area with +75 humidity for the next week or so.

6 Likes

today been the first dry day in bout three weeks here, boomers run the river every day. and tomorrow we might have a tropical storm rolling in, depression formed off the coast, might go TS when it jumps the gulf stream,

7 Likes

We got our weather all sorted. It is a lot like a normal summer now. Temps around 85, Everyones lawns were starting to turn and so the rain has greened everything back up as well.
I commented to my neighbor that most of the time, you have to mow every 5 days in the spring. You really can’t go much longer without looking like trash. So it is nothing to mow 12 times or so before the July heat and lack of rain turns the lawn. This year, I have mowed 4 times total which will be 5 this week after the rain we got and so it looks good for the 4th.

4 Likes

I’m in a comfortable part of the country year round. Last week we had 3 nights in the lower 50’s…slept in flannel pajamas. :scream:
Probably the last cold front for the summer.

63.4* F this morning. No AC needed. Mid to upper 70’s in the day is norm.

We’ve had heat waves, droughts, fires, hurricane tropical rains……but not often.

Hope everyone stays comfortable and safe out west.

Please keep us updated and be well.

6 Likes

@MountainHunter
still cant open messages. can you send pic to my phone.

2 Likes

@GOBLIN I can’t with my dumb azz flip phone….but here it is.

Can you send messages?

3 Likes

Yeah the hills are nice as long as they get enough moisture to keep the red flags away.
I can deal with temps in the lower 80’s, but much more and it may as well be 20 below, because I am staying inside and doing nothing. I spent to long in the heat and get overly hot pretty easily.
I really did find the weather in the rockies to be nice, actually I found almost everything to be nice. Except some of the people. I have nothing to say about what people do and I think that if a plant is needed at the end of the day instead of a drink, then ok. But I can not stand trying to have a intelligent conversation with a pot head who is stoned all the time. It seriously is like being sober and trying to talk to someone who is drunk. It is ok for awhile, but to be around it to much and it starts to get to you.
I was talking to someone who is against drinking for the most part. I let them argue how pot is better for you then drinking and let them make all their points. I said ok, I agree, now what would you say about someone who is drunk from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep? Would you want to be around that and talk to that constantly? Of course they argued that it is not the same and that when smoking pot you can still maintain. I said yeah but the fact that you still can not have an intelligent conversation is there, plus many people can and almost all people think they can drink and maintain, which is no different than what you are thinking and arguing about pot. Ya know man. (you have to throw that in when talking to pot heads. lol)

2 Likes

In his infinite wisdom, our dictator issued an order for those with electric cars, do not charge them. Can’t make this shit up.

9 Likes

Festus
Always a place on earth that has to be called Hell. Maybe it has something to do with all them fires in Radio Free Kaliforniastan. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Larry

4 Likes