M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hearing Protection

All Things SUB-2000!

Saw a few members discussing hearing protection so thought this would be a good place to share which ones you prefer that work the best when shooting the Sub2k…

I usually rent ear muffs at the range but they are bulky so I have trouble looking through the rear sight with them on. I have to move the right muff half way off my ear defeating the purpose of wearing them. What ear protection do you use that works well with these sub2000s?

2 Likes

I am in the military so I am use to the triple flange insert ear protection which makes rifle shooting easy. But they can be uncomfortable after awhile.

4 Likes

Best investment I have ever made was have some molded at last gun show
A little pricy but worth it. Hmmmm cheaper option.

But same idea…

https://www.safetygearonline.com/custom-molded-ear-plugs?productid=CEP001-R&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=CjwKCAjwiPbWBRBtEiwAJakcpAK-1TXNe-BwMvGJPSuJvLzVXjNw9IAWKZR3cRO4J6PCN0CkMZiffhoCRnMQAvD_BwE

2 Likes

I use walkers razor slim with small ear plugs as backup, they are very slim, only contact buffer tube slightly … my favorite so far !

These are the passive ones, the do make an electronic version

5 Likes

I just like two foamies with a string in between. I’m a simple man.

7 Likes

I use muffs and have no problem shooting with them. I bought them online at Amazon. :cowboy_hat_face: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AW5YFR2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

The foamies just dont like to stay in my ear for long i have to keep pushing them back in

2 Likes

I use the walker muffs too. Mine are a different model but work great 31bd reduction.:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I wouldnt mind having some molded thats a good idea!

Im liking those slim muffs… Do you have the stock rear sight on your sub2k? Just looking through the peep hole with bulky muffs on is a hassle

1 Like

My ears get sweaty in over the ear protection.

1 Like

Have you tried the
Decibullz - Custom Molded Earplugs, 31dB Highest NRR, Comfortable Hearing Protection for Shooting, Travel, Swimming, Work and Concerts

Very easy to mold to your ear and not too much of your hard earned money, about $26 on Amazon

1 Like

I have the mcarbo rear peep, like I said my muffs just barely touch, I do wear plugs aswell Incase I bump them off…

1 Like

I like over the ear electronic muffs (Peltor Tactical Sport slim profile) as I do like talking to people and hearing what they are saying but I do understand your issue. I have an elevated Vortex Sparc AR red dot on a QD American Defense mount on my Sub-2000 and I can use the muffs just fine with that set up. If I go to iron sites it is a little tricky as the bolt tube does push the right muff up a little bit. I did just purchase a pair of Walker’s Silencer Electronic Ear Buds and am interested to see how well they do.

2 Likes

Standard Issue and Required with City and State AK while using and Operating Heavy Equipment and all Power Tools’ Love the Strings!:rofl:

3 Likes

I work at dfw airport & thats what they offer… works fine when they actually stay in my ear but with alot of movement they fall out from time to time

1 Like

I also have an M*CARBO rear peep sight and use Peltor Tactical Sport slim muffs but bolt tube does push up on my right muff causing the seal to separate from my ear.

1 Like

Me too. The 33 dB noise attenuation saves my hearing, and allows me a solid cheek weld on the receiver tube.

2 Likes

The slim line muffs don’t seem to hit the tube, my full size muffs are always hitting the tube. Nothing worse then being on the firing line and the seal breaks as the guy next to you fires his 7mm rem mag. :us:

1 Like

The bolt tube hits the bottom of my slim line muffs when I push my cheek down on the bolt tube or the butt stock on a rifle. I have electronic in ear buds coming to try. I still like over the ear muffs.

2 Likes