Having trouble with myPro performance all in one kit

All Things SUB-2000!
I am having troubles
Hi all i just did my pro performance all-in-one kit assembly. The kid did not come with a trigger shim did they do away with the trigger shim I am not applying Loctite on any of my screws until I know the answer to this question also I forgot to put Lube on any of the internal parts I polished everything followed the M series video it seems that the m-series video did not remind to put Lube on the internal parts like the other all-in-one videos I could be wrong should I take it apart input Lube on the working parts?

3 Likes

I can’t speak for a trigger shim, I’m sure someone else will. Just check the pics on their site, and I don’t see any shims for the trigger.

As for oil, yes it needs to be oiled or lubed. Metal on metal movement isn’t good without lube.

4 Likes

Well i guess its comming all apart again tomorrow im to burned out to do it tonight l, gosh darn it…cant believe i forgot this
As for the shim it is basically a washer and he says to put it on in the m-series all in one video…yet my pro performance trigger kit did not come with it

3 Likes

Live and learn. Happens to everyone. There’s a dozen tiny springs, pins and screws I never found hiding in a crevice somewhere around my bench.

3 Likes

My kit (bought and installed just a few weeks ago) also did not have the trigger shim. It really doesn’t feel like it needs it.

I feel for you having to take that grip apart again. I don’t relish doing it again. I know some folks here seem to not mind it at all but they’re better gunsmiths than I am. My main hangups about it are: 1) mine was pretty reluctant to go back together properly the first time. 2) I don’t like how everything can come apart in somewhat random ways when you separate the two sides of the grip frame.

Good luck and enjoy when you’re done. It’s definitely a way better shooter after.

4 Likes

WTF is a trigger shim.
Sounds more like a SHIM SHINE.

By the way if you have a good understanding of mechanics, the INNERS of the grip are simple.
Go to search window UPPER RIGHT and type in suggested reading for S2K

2 Likes

Wtf is a trigger shim. I will tell you what it is…watch the m-series all in one how to video for the sub 2000. Qnd you will see he says we supplied you with a teigger shim, slip it over the trigger pin before you put the trigger on…its just a tiny washer. So thats whats up…i had to decide to move forward without it…because i was not given one one my kit…it works great without, so i q. Assuming they did away with it…ok so take it easy on your tone if you can

1 Like

Yes i took it back apart and lubed up all the working parts. It was easier the second time…i reallly actually enjoyed the whole install been to the range twice now and it shoots beautifully

2 Likes

Here is yhe shim he says to put under the trigger.

3 Likes

New part! I did mine back in '18, now I know.
Have bunches of fun now.

3 Likes

Thanks to FedEx loosing my first order, I’m Just getting started with my All in One trigger kit. KUDOS to Mcarbo for taking care of the lost order! More to come

2 Likes