M*CARBO Brotherhood

Has any one Handled the new Springfield MC 13+1

any one handled the new out Springfield Micro Compact HELLCAT? ?
9mm handguns come and go with me, just never really fell in love with one since the browning High power I lost, anyway. this one got my attention. need to find one to hold. only thing im not real enthusiastic about is the trigger safety.
I thought i was after a Honor Guard, till I held one. didnt balance right to me.
this one has me interested…comes with a 11+1 and a 13+1 extended magazine. the std comes with Tritium sights, the OSP comes with tritium sights and is optic ready.
weight is 18.6 oz with extended magazine.

7 Likes

@GOBLIN
This is very interesting :v::v:
I’m looking for something this size in 9mm.
The capacity is very appealing
Priced around 550. ±
Not bad​:v::v:
Thanks for the heads up​:v::v:

5 Likes

@GOBLIN Thank’s Buck Nice Unit! Until you come to the Mickey Mouse trigger.

1 Like

@DivaMarie
If you would be so kind to tell me what’s up with the trigger?

3 Likes

@Captainjack88 its got that dang glock style trigger safety Anthony, which for me means left handed shooter only. a normal trigger , i have enough of a finger on the right hand to shoot, add that safety and i have to break my wrist to operate it. some guns wont cycle correctly if you weak wrist… thats the only thing thats saying pass for me… but that’s the first 9mm ive liked in a really long time…

4 Likes

@GOBLIN

Thanks for the ‘update’ Buck… I guess the new Springfield MC would work for me, being that I am ‘left-handed!’ Now, I know why I gravitated towards my Glock 17… I wasn’t thinking size and concealability at the time of purchase however, I am now interested in building a Polymer 80 in a 19X format.

4 Likes

@Captainjack88 I Just don’t like the design’ or feel of it, Just me and too many 1911’s style guns in the Old gun Locker, Other wise I would buy one.

5 Likes

Pretty sure they haven’t shipped yet. It’s definitely interesting. Clearly gunning for the P365, with the advantage of an extra round. Also an optics ready model that’s not bigger.

The P365 continues to have the occasional issue, as I hear it. But I’ve heard rumors of SA’s failing in classes. Though that may just be rumors. Also the “Hellcat” name is awful and I don’t think it looks as good as the 365. The sights seem good though.

I’ll wait and see how it holds up to serious T&E and widespread use. As a concept it’s excellent and I hope to see more like it.

3 Likes

HOOT … Yes, I’d rather explain to a prosecutor that my 365 defensive protection saved my bacon than tell him that Hellcat tore him a new poop chute.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t count on that making or breaking the case…but I mainly don’t want to say that name when talking about my carry pistol.

“What gun are you carrying?”
“Oh it’s Springfield Armory’s new double stack subcompact 9mm”
“Wow that sounds cool, what’s it called?”
Mumbles “the hellcat”

5 Likes