Hammer Not Locking

Hi…I am in the process of installing the full trigger kit. As I was assembling with the new trigger bar, I noticed that the end of the hammer pin is not seated all the way down in the notch in the trigger bar as it appears in the video. I went ahead and finished the assembly, but the trigger will not stay locked. Any advice? Thanks

3 Likes

@Steve2q Part #276 hammer pin will slide in and out of part #273 hammer bushing. The pin should protrude about .172" out of the bushing facing you. Make sure the hammer spring is installed correctly. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Don…thanks for the quick reply. I found the problem…when I assembled it the 2nd time I saw that the trigger bar had slid off the sear. I was very careful to be sure it stayed in place as I put the grip back on. Now I have to wait till I get some replacement e-clips from KT…taking them off was the hardest part. The Armourers wrench supplied did not work, so I used pliers as recommended on another vid…one flew away!:worried:

4 Likes

@Steve2q Glad you found out where the problem was. For the “e” clips check at your local Ace Hardware. Take one and match it up.

7 Likes