M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hammer Not Locking Back Help!

Just installing the kitchen sink and all but can’t get the hammer to stay back - pushing dowel to get it back before installing safety - what could I be doing wrong. using the youtube video.

Is your sear installed correct and the springs?? When I installed the “kitchen sink :grinning: “ I had to push the hammer way back to get it to engage the sear. Hope this helps.

ahem… could you gentlemen educate me on what the ‘kitchen sink’ is with a linky?

tia

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

Took it all apart and now the hammer stays - on installing the safety e-clip, the spring came out-- found the detent – looking for the spring. I think installing the e-clip before the spring and detent would be much better.

Gotta be here somewhere…

Kitchen sink = everything. Found that installing the new front sight made it a bit more complicated…

2 Likes

I would assume he is talking about installing the complete pro trigger bundle package and maybe including the feed ramp and trigger bar. I’ve been waiting for the trigger bar to be available and it just came back to being available this last week so I’ll be doing the ‘kitchen sink’ this coming week some time.

3 Likes

Food the bugger. A word of advice, when installing the safety, put the retaining clip on BEFORE putting in the spring and detent.

Got it all together. A little panic when I lost that spring for a minute. Passed the functions check, now to the range.

3 Likes

2 Likes

next time best thing you can do and it solves this issue every time is to disassemble and start over following MCarbo’s assembly video.

1 Like

You Are not the First’ or the Last to search High and Low for that Little Flying Spring !

3 Likes

yep, I had Kel-Tec send me about 30! So far i’ve lost 2.

3 Likes

Life is for learning

2 Likes

Thanks to all for your help. This was the first time I have taken a gun down to this level. It amazes me how small and critical the various movements and tolerances are.

4 Likes

Watch for discarded bic lighters. Pull off the wheel and save the spring. It will cut to fit that spring and mag release spring.

3 Likes

This might help at disassembly
DSC_1735

4 Likes

What’s that over your collar nut?

This split collar ring and QD sling mount from
http://www.performanceservicesmachining.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-products/kel-tec-sub-2000-generation-2-modified-castle-nut/
and also look at there QD sling mount for S2K
http://www.performanceservicesmachining.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-products/kel-tec-sub-2000-quick-detach-single-point-sling-mount/
Makes taking the grip apart and back together about a less than a minute issue.

2 Likes

Kitchen Sink defined.
That is the device used to carry ammo to the range?
:rofl:

NO. To catch the brass as it leaves the rifle!! :laughing:

1 Like