M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hammer locked back on Sub2k Gen 2

Hey folks,

I was attempting to swap out the charging handle, which should have been a quick job. I accidentally engaged the hammer and now I cant get it to disengage. Im pretty new to all of this, so I was hoping there was a trick someone could recommend without taking the entire gun apart. I don’t have the M*Carbo wrench. Any suggestions would be much appreciatedIMG_6371

2 Likes

@Hellebruk pull the trigger to disengage the sear and then push the hammer back with your dowel rod. :grin::+1:

4 Likes

If you don’t have the dowel, you can push the hammer back with your index finger.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply. When I pull the trigger and try to disengage the hammer, it’s still completely locked up. I have a dowel rod and that doesn’t work either. Thoughts?

1 Like

@Hellebruk I am assuming since was just a charging handle swap you did NOT take apart the pistol grip?

It can take some serious downward force using the dowel as more of a lever to push hammer down.

1 Like

@Hellebruk what stage is your gun in right now? Is it put back together or is the bolt out?

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t taken apart the pistol grip. I tried pushing down the hammer using the dowel with a good git of force but stopped when it didn’t move at all. I feel like it should just release by pulling it with my finger, but that’s not working either. I’ll try it again and report back.

1 Like

I have the recoil spring and bolt carrier group out at the moment.

1 Like

@Hellebruk and your safety is disengaged?

1 Like

They say It takes a village to raise a child. Thanks for helping me out guys. Yeah, between the safety and a lot more pressure than I thought I needed, I was able to get it unlocked! Glad I had the dowel and the forum for support.

6 Likes

Problem solved.