M*CARBO Brotherhood

Guaranteed suppressor fit for sub2k

I was on griffin armaments web site earlier today, but wasn’t sure about the 3 lug set up for a suppressor. Does anyone know of a suppressor that’s guaranteed to fit the sub2k gen 2? And, is it worth the 70+ dollars for the 3 lug attachment?

4 Likes

Any can with a 1/2 x 28 thread should work.
As for the 3 lug adapter, not necessary but handy if you have other suppresser hosts.

6 Likes

You have to use a washer because of the front sight. I’m not sure how the front site attaches to the Sub2K, but it looks like it uses the ½x28 threads. I think that’s why the threads don’t stop and run right up under the front site. Anyway, I use a fender washer from home depot to put pressure around the whole can instead of using the contact point between the can and front site. I’m not sure if my physics works, but it does keep my can from loosening up on the threads. When I wouldn’t use the washer, I’d have to check after every 5 or so rounds to make sure everything was still tight.

6 Likes

I’m not sure about value, but you might want to contact them about their tri-lug setup. It’s been a while since I played with the mp5k, but that tri-lug need a surface to bind against. With the way the front post is on the Sub2K, it might not work. Or it might, I can’t remember if the lugs provide the “on” and “off” directional forces to lock the can on or if they provide just one and there’s a additional surface that pushes against a spring loaded collar. Sorry if that made no sense… I’m having trouble formulating words into coherent sentences today. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

6 Likes

OK, I don’t have that problem with my can.

4 Likes