M*CARBO Brotherhood

Group therapy day

Our club re-opened, yesterday as far as I know. Took 2 rifles and 2 hand guns, had the place pretty much to myself. Got to sight in the XM177E2ish and the new scope for the 597. From there it was off to the pistol range and shot the snubbie and M9. It felt good. The XM ran perfect, throws a nice group at 50 yards.

15 Likes

Went to the LGS range today at lunch and was the only one there the entire hour. Tried out the new P365 and zeroed a red-dot on the PC9. Going again Saturday because they’ll be closed for 2 weeks starting Monday. :frowning:

13 Likes

See, told ya it would… :grinning:

11 Likes

Aye, that ya did! :+1: Really tickled with the XM, fine little carbine.

11 Likes

Can’t hurt that it looks cool, too. What about that there lever gun?

10 Likes

Seller had to work, maybe Saturday…had to rub it in a bit so hoping he calls later on.

7 Likes

Lead reclamation? We’ve been closed for 6 weeks due to CoVid, at least they did the lead business during the down time.

11 Likes

Yeah, today was a good day for it. I had a good day, as well.
Frustration from work was really almost at a boiling point.
So I called in, took the day off. Had a ton of work to do at home.
After all that was done. I cleaned, oiled and shot my PPS43.
I’ll post most of the details of my results in the surplus thread.
But man I needed that. Just feel so relaxed now. Beer helped.

12 Likes

@ValorSolo Good booms and good brew will always make a rough day better

13 Likes

Pretty sure I couldn’t have said it better.

11 Likes

@ValorSolo I’m right there with you, rough day myself. I had to walk a heat pump all the way around a house cause the delivery dropped it off on the wrong side of the house. After I pulled a light ripped out old equipment and installed new equipment. I told my wife that was one of the best tasting beers I ever had lol

9 Likes

Only down side today was, I couldn’t find Dos Equis Amber anywhere’s.
So I settled on Michelob Ultras. Still very enjoyable, but, you know.

9 Likes

Sedatives for the working man.

9 Likes

They need to revamp, repair, and remodel but couldn’t coordinate with the contractors during the shutdown. Renovating and upgrading gun and archery ranges, HVAC, lighting, etc. This is a great place for such a small city. https://www.hsguns.com/

5 Likes

No Corona in stock? :grin:

7 Likes

Nice place! Looking at the ranges, what did they need to revamp/repair/remodel?

Our club went thru a similar “problem” last year, our 100 yard range was closed for just over a year while repairs were carried out. Yolo Sportsmen’s

8 Likes

Never developed a taste for the stuff. Tastes like a skunk smells.
But there is plenty of it in stock everywhere I go. Nobody’s buying.

6 Likes

Hmm … I’ll be look’n for a fire sale. I’ll haul a truckload up to the Summer Shootout to use a targets.

For those that don’t recall one of my chapters does an annual “Shootout.” Theme is bullets, boobs and BEER so Ima keep watch. We’re bikers but beer is discouraged on and before the firing line. I’m pretty certain down range is acceptable.

6 Likes

Along with lead recovery, they’re replacing all the target carriers, upgrading the lighting, ventilation, and booths, installing more cameras (a guy committed suicide in the single blind spot two years ago), and other things to make it nicer. I just wish the range itself was longer - pistol is only 50’ - but there’s no chance of that without sacrificing half the showroom. :rofl:

I’ve been a member for 6 or 7 years. The staff are almost all one family (literally) and the gunsmith grew up with my kids. It’s sort of like Cheers where everybody knows your name.:grin:

4 Likes

Did a mini therapy session today. Mostly just scratched an itch - bout 30 rounds at 25 and 50 air conditioned yards. Texas Gun Club

I zero’d the 507c and the Baldr Pro at 25 yards last weekend. So, I comfirmed zero is holding. I also confirmed Kel Tec recommended loctite 'cause they didn’t even attempt to torque the rails to the handguard. I hand torqued 15 of the 20 screws holding it together on install. The 15 I touched were happy and tight. All 5 screws holding the lower picatinny on tried to stage an escape. I just finished torquing them and adding vibratite, but I did not vibratite the 15 I had previously torqued - I’m betting they stay torqued, but I’ll be monitoring.

Good news is both the 507c and the Balder Pro were plenty happy stretching to 50 yards.

4 Likes