M*CARBO Brotherhood

Grips disentigrating

All Things SUB-2000! Hello all I saw a video where a guy said after 1500 rounds his grips were trashed and he had to replace both halves does anyone know if this is a common thing and if it is is there upgraded ones to keep it from happening

5 Likes

@Benflatt76 Welcome to the Brotherhood Ben. A while back Kel-Tec had a problem with the grips cracking or breaking. Those are made by an outside vendor who didn’t get the formula right. These were replaced. I don’t know of anyone but KT who sells grips. Shoot yours and enjoy it. It has a lifetime warranty for original purchasers.

7 Likes

I have over 2500 rounds on my black G2 and the frame/grip halves are as good as new.

6 Likes

That’s good to hear I only saw the one video so I figured it was a fluke thing but was just checking

3 Likes

Welcome, Ben! This is a great place to talk about just about anything related to firearms …

4 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood

3 Likes

Thank you I’m glad to be here

4 Likes

@Benflatt76 Welcome to the Hood and Enjoy’ 2000 Plus Thru My Sub no Grip Problems/Black Color.

4 Likes

Just to be clear everyone knows what OP is referring to, this video discusses the guy’s INTERNAL parts on the grips getting shaken apart by recoil. I do hope this was from a isolated group of grips where the zytel mix was bad. But the youtuber was saying the problem was that the screws holding the grip halves together as well as the zytel posts holding the sear and trigger springs in place are not reinforced with any metal. This was not about the grips’ join-seam wearing or going wobbly. Anyway, wanting to double check on this detail…

3 Likes

@rex_havok

Link the video. We’ve never seen it. I personally thought I’d viewed every s2k vid on youtube - but, you are discussing the one video I missed.

4 Likes

here y’go dred. By the way I like your sub2k vid a lot, you’re def one of the more informative s2k ‘personalities’ out there.

2 Likes

I’m a little skeptical about this video.
I’m not disputing the damage to the gun but I’m curious why KelTec refused to warranty this.
He stated this damage was after only 1500 rounds, which is not much especially by my standards, I would think if this was the case then KelTec would have no problem making repairs under warranty.
The warranty is good for the original owner only and I’m wondering if he bought this gun used and is not the original owner and therefore may not know the history of the gun.
Just a thought.

5 Likes

yeah good call. I neglected to mention that he was getting a lot of BS calling from satisfied sub 2k owners in the video comments, saying he probably abused it or didn’t know the history…alongside a LOT of folks saying they were rethinking their interest in the sub… !

3 Likes

@rex_havok

He’s dissassembled a GEN 1 Sub. He indicates it’s never been opened.

Gen 1s were produced 5+ years ago.

He’s fair regarding his assessment of the feed ramp - plastic was a bad decision. MCARBO to the rescue.

I have a low regard for this self proclaimed expert. Rest of us have lifetime warranties which replace the receiver. Paul Harrel does a vid on recognizing experts - it makes a great companion piece for this guys vid.

4 Likes

100% agree.
Something not right with this.

3 Likes

ETA: I do realize II was wrong regarding application of Paul’s Identification Principles to this guy’s presentation. But claiming 1500 rounds did that to that Gen 1 demonstrates a problem. It could be record keeping, addition or simple counting - but, it’s a problem. Left the vids up 'cause I went find’n them.

4 Likes

There’s just something about Paul’s videos, I like 'em and find his voice oddly soothing. Kind of like Bob Ross. Plus when he does debunk or comparison videos he tends to do a pretty thorough job of it.

Oh, that and he seems to be a pretty damn good shot as well. :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing the videos @Dred, first time I’ve seen this guy, the Bob Ross of firearms Lol. He is easy to listen too.

4 Likes

Paul Harrell is a sub of mine.

2 Likes

Good Point’ About the History of MCarbo and the Sub 2000 gen 2 And that the Majority of Us Old Timers Here! All had Bitch’s and Miss Understandings of the Blow Back System, and it’s Dirt & Residue when when Cleaning Etc.
But Look Where the Hell we Are Now Baby! :smile:
The Brotherhood Spoke and The M
Carbo Gang Answered and listened and Made the Issue’s go Bye Bye’
So I’m thinking with My head count of ‘‘Nay Sayers and Negative Whiners’’ in Past brings are total for the years to (5) Spare Me’
Some People will never be Happy or Choose to Look at the Whole Picture. :sunglasses:

6 Likes