M*CARBO Brotherhood

Green Lasers That Have Great Battery Life

I like my Viridian green laser/light but batteries are short lived. Any suggestions on reliable green lasers that last more that 3 months.

3 Likes

@Turmeric Green Laser battery life will last half as long as Red Laser battery life, it just consumes more power.

4 Likes

Good question. I was thinking about adding a pistol specific Viridian green laser to my Ruger LCP II pocket popper.

How much are you using the laser for it to only last three months? Multiple range trips per week, etc? Seems like it should last a long longer only being carried and not activated all the time.

5 Likes

Maybe reserve your lasers by ‘practicing’ tactics only at night??? lol Can one find chargers for these type of batteries? Ammunition, firearm ‘essentials’ can be a costly investment. One does not think of all this prior to investing. I believe that the industry counts on people such as ourselves… According to the ATF, it is a 2 Billion Dollar Per Year Business !!!

1 Like

Just for sight in then occasionally flip it on. When I bought it 4 years ago the batteries were dead Viridian sent me 3 new ones. they were CRAP. I need to try and purchase some and see how they last.
I have the reactor R5 on my LCP2 and I like it but I modified the holster so it looks more like a wallet in the pocket. The flimsy forward donggle on the holster is usless. I went to a shoe repair place and he followed my instructions and I walked out with this. THinking about more now I will have it made thicker and have the edge towards the) front of the grip closer for bettter efficiency (longer throw of fingers n moving the holster)in removing the holster.
Mine is a red laser don’t need long range and cheaper more efficient than a green.
The benefit also made it so I can take my ring finger and middle finger and separate the pistol from the holster faster in the pocket.

by the time it is out of pocket

this the mod I spoke of

i painted my sights like this

The other thing about the LCP and LCP2 is you can tell if is ready to go by looking at the ejection side of the gun. No reason to rack it.It is ready when you are!

2 Likes

good advice, no doubt. but the issue is do not get to the point U will rely on anything powered by batteries.
I know all good and well the limitations of batteries and how hungry green things are( that includes paper money).THat is why I like very MUCH primary arms items. Great design. One still needs to test ( I do once a month) the conditions of your pack.

1 Like

@lonewolf do not worry. I have it covered!

2 Likes

I knew you would. Guess when you get a bunch of ‘mad scientists’ in one room bantering over a ‘flaw’ in the system, someone would come up with the perfect idea? That is what I enjoy about this forum! Keep gunnin’ Big smiles!

2 Likes

I have a Crimson Trace CMR-206 on my S2K a Crimson Trace LG-443 on my Glock 43. Both are green lasers and have pretty respectable run time but not as good as the red LG-431 I have on my LCP. Crimson Trace has a “free batteries for life” program and I take advantage of it for all three.
https://www.crimsontrace.com/support/free_batteries_for_life/

3 Likes

@VAbowhunter I have crimson trace on my Sig 226 and love it. They seem to be reliable.

3 Likes

“Green Lasers That Have Great Battery Life” is an oxymoron. The improved daylight visibility costs in price and appetite for batteries.

4 Likes

You caught the reason I started this thread !

1 Like

@Turmeric Mine have all been extremely reliable. The one on my LCP must be at least 10 years old now and still functions perfectly. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

My batteries from viridian might have just been older than I thought. I never put them on a meter.
Purchased new yesterday tested and installed. The green Viridian now on the S2K is fresh and so is the one on red the LCP see how long they last now.

2 Likes

Really? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info. :+1:

Sorry to bump an older thread but Viridian just recently came out with gen 3 X5l that is rechargeable, looks promising pending real world reviews. I may be the one that gives this review, just need to unload some parts first.

5 Likes