M*CARBO Brotherhood

Got crushed yesterday

Well, it was a crushing experience. Yesterday I was working on a cat xq400 generator, opening one of the doors (around 175 pound door) the hinges broke and clobbered me and knocked me on the floor. Thankfully nothing broken, just banged up and cut up (right arm, hand, wrist and knee. Upper chest and left shoulder) . I’m greatful I was not seriously hurt. Not to mention I just signed up for a appleseed marksmen class in 2 weeks too lol. So count your blessings and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Don’t mind my pasty whiteness lol.

12 Likes

@CatFood Glad you did not get hurt too badly.

11 Likes

damn, glad ya came out of it with just skins and skuffs, bruiseing should start to color in 24 to 48 hrs. damn, you are pale, used to have a ex wife like that, used to loose her on a sheet LOLOL
there was a old tee shirt, said something to the effect, ,“Bones will Mend, glory fades, but chicks will always dig scars” invent a good story behind it, involve Godzillia if you can:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Tank top time whe ya go to tha pub brother !:crazy_face::crazy_face:
glad your ok brother. its easy to laugh about stuff like that after the fact, but during, its a lot harder to do…

11 Likes

@godallmighty @GOBLIN thanks guys! Yeah I blame my paleness on my canadian side. Yep not scared of scars. Tank tops…yikes lol. Thanks again guys. Really thought I shattered my trigger hand.

10 Likes

@CatFood Sorry to hear about your injuries but glad it’s not more serious. I ride a desk now, so my worst injuries tend to be paper cuts and back pain from sitting on my a$$ all day. That said, I used to work with heavy equipment and that was a completely different kettle of fish. Pretty much everything I touched, including many of the tools need for the job, had a high potential of causing serious injury or worse. I feel for you but I don’t envy you. Get well, be safe, brother.

9 Likes

years ago when i blasted my right hand and my trigger finger 1st digit and i parted company, it took a while to get back to normal shoot right handed, but not that long.
first thing that goes thru your head dont it? that and I will never play the piano again at Carnige Hall. didnt loose anything there though, never did to start with…

10 Likes

Glad you escaped that torture. Back in 2013 I did that. Lost my pinky finger, but an awesome doc rebuilt the hand. Took 10 months for me to start shooting again - against the doc’s advice, but …

Prolly glad the drugs that induced my coma wiped memory of how I crashed so badly. But I know it was bad 'cause I still have the Triumph in my back yard.

11 Likes

Wow! glad to hear you were not seriously injured.

10 Likes

@chilipepper @Dred @em44052 thank you all! Yes very glad to come away with just scrapes and bruises. Doc said the same thing, it could have been much worse. I can not imagine losing a digit or being out for over 10 months. Thanks again brothers!

9 Likes

OUCH, glad to hear you are OK, that could have been real bad.
Tom

10 Likes

@TomT Thanks! Hand is really swollen today.

8 Likes

Ice on it the first night, epsom salt and hot water soak for a while at least 2 times a day till the swelling goes down. how did it land? you get Xrays? you might have a boxers fracture…

9 Likes

@GOBLIN Yes got x-rays, no breaks thankfully. Yep icing it now, soak before bed. The breaks might not show up on the first day. My left shoulder hurts the most lol.

9 Likes

pale as you are, if you have bruising coloration will show up in 24 to 48 hrs. if your over 50 or have a history beware of bloodclots. impacts can do that. had to do a couple of stents once, because i had a short fall off a trailer. stepped right off into air, slapped the asphalt like a trout on a rock. 3 days later it felt like someone was trying to rip my jaw out, and i ended up getting 2 stents. blood clot plugged a artery going into my heart.1. never had the first bruise…

10 Likes

@CatFood Glad Your Sorta Okay! And This was not Noticed on Last Maintence Service? Or a Never Maintained Unit! This in the Kinda Stuff that Kills you’ Working Underground. Hope you heal and complete, Along with the Ice& Epsom Salt Baths. Did Buck Mention Whiskey?:laughing:

12 Likes

@GOBLIN Yes starting to bruise up on my hand now. Luckily I’m only 36 but feel like I’m 70 ugh. Keeping it elevated is helping. Got to get better for the appleseed event in 2 weeks!

@DivaMarie Yes I was asking my gm today about any records of their trailer as the hinges look as they have been cracked, and me opening it was the final straw for the hinges.

I tested my hand today on a howa 1500 and tikka t3x at the gun shop, and I can pull the trigger and work the bolt, albeit slowly. Can not wrap my hand around the grip due to the web of my thumb and finger pain. I just have to take baby steps. Here are the pics of the hinge and the size of the door and where the door fell from. It is about 3 feet off the ground:

11 Likes

I feel your pain brother, ive bear scars from more than 1 of those diesel genny setups.

10 Likes

hell man you were lucky hope you make a good recovery and make the course but if not im sure you will get to do it another time the course can be replaced but a badly damaged limb not so easy mike @CatFood

9 Likes

@hunter1916 Thanks, and you are 100% correct, if I caught make it there will be another, right now it’s healing time lol.

10 Likes

@CatFood Hope Healing is going Better as the days Pass.
Looks like a Piss Poor design/ Pot Metal on the Hinges, I’m sure
they will be Updated’ before leaving the building, So the next ‘‘Poor Unsuspecting
Soul’’ does not end up with it in his Lap.!

10 Likes