M*CARBO Brotherhood

Got a keltec 2000 9mm, I got a couple questions

Hey I got a keltec sub2000 a couple months ago I’ve liked it, I took it apart to do a complete clean and lost a spring I ordered the trigger spring kit because I wanted the lighter trigger pull anyway, but I lost the spring when trying to put the gun back together, does anyone have any tips on how to put the 2 pieces of plastic back together, and i do have original gen 1 sub 2000

4 Likes

Go on YouTube they have instructional videos for it.

6 Likes

Yes thank you captain obvious, I have watched multiple videos and I’m just seeing if there’s any people to give me other pointers but I appreciate having a forum page for help and you just sending people to yt or other places and not helping on the forum page meant for help

3 Likes

That’s what most people do is use the videos but hey suit yourself. Not my problem just tried to help.

6 Likes

Welcome to the show @Kel2000
Don’t have a Sub2K, but this should help you…

There are links to other threads that should help you with reassembly.
Enjoy the show and join in!

3 Likes

Oh come on. How do we know what research you have done. There is always the lowest denominator to be considered !

7 Likes

Pretty damn rude for a second post dude. We treat others with respect here… and expect the same in return.

15 Likes

@Kel2000 your response to @QBALLZ was uncalled for. Like stated above, how are we supposed to know that you’ve watched videos. You never stated that. All you asked was if anyone had any tips. This forum is full of people who are more than willing to help and are full of advice, but you’re starting off on the wrong foot here.

@TexasEskimo sure was. We don’t see that a whole lot here. smh

12 Likes

Thank you @Thatoneguy for the help very appreciate, and sorry of y’all feel offended I’m sorry just most YouTube videos just say be careful and jus push together or I can’t find put 2 videos on the gen 1 sub2000

2 Likes

Pretty rude to come on here asking for advice and then acting like you know what your talking about. Like I said your gun isnt my problem. Mine is upgraded and works beautifully. I really could care less if you think I was rude when trying to help. Some folks know how to act on a discussion forum. It’s quite obvious you dont.

5 Likes

Like the others said, just be chill, give a good explanation of what’s happening and what you tried and someone will help. Respect is one of the most reciprocated and appreciated things you’ll find here.

9 Likes

Sorry @QBALLZ I never acted like I know what I’m doing I did the quite opposite and said I’m having problems and asking for tips from people

4 Likes

@Kel2000 (Reboot) Greetings Kandin. :+1: I can’t help with your specific question here but I did move this thread into the “SUB-2000” category hoping others will join in.

5 Likes

Then once we get the collaborative respect, we can expect the dis-respects to ensue… but must be in that order.:smirk:
Sorry i dont have anything of real value to add since i bought mine with all the upgrades installed, i really dread the first tear down.
Welcome to the club Kandin @Kel2000

7 Likes

Internally, the Gen 1 and Gen 2 are basically the same, so the Mcarbo installation videos should provide you with the tips you need for reassembly.
It sounds like you might be having trouble with the hammer bushing alignment when you putting it back together, or you might be using the wrong technique to set and hold the springs in place while you install the grip panels.

2 Likes