M*CARBO Brotherhood

Good multi tool?

So I broke my smith and wesson M&P assisted opening pocket knife. I’m looking to replace it with a decent multi tool. I don’t want to break the bank. My only requirements are easy opening and I can access the tools without opening it up. What are are you recommendations?

3 Likes

whats required on the tool?

1 Like

Pliers of course. Preferably needle nose with replaceable cutters. I’m a welder So I would use them to clear out my nozzle. Other than that a good blade that Preferably locks.

1 Like

I love mine Gerber Suspension Multi-Tool
Spring loaded when opened. Tool access without opening pliers, solid tools, good sheath, tools lock into position on open and closed.

4 Likes

I carry a Leatherman Charge Ti every day.

5 Likes

Leatherman Mut EOD has narrow plier tips, and replaceable cutter heads.

accessories to go with em
https://www.leatherman.com/search?q=mut%20accessories

6 Likes

I like that style of tool. Haven’t seen it before.

3 Likes

they sell the bit kit for it as well with extension. and the sheath which you can also buy separate is a perfect fit for a FN 5.7 magazine. made sturdy as well…
I broke the C4 punch on my very first one. over 10years ago now, doing something stupid.I was out in portland working a job, so i walked into one of their stores to get it fixed, expecting to pay, i handed it to the girl, she looked at it and handed me a brand new tool. free. i was shocked.
Leatherman has a outstanding warranty. just remember if its not in your hand put it in the sheath. they tend to walk away if you leave them layin around.

4 Likes

Leatherman is hard to beat for multi tool. Ive had a couple gerbers that where good. But i get the most miles out of a leatherman. I like the tools on inside of mine so when you pull the tool your needing out and fold handle back up it acts as a safety to keep tools from closing on fingers.

5 Likes

@GOBLIN Now That’s Funny’ I was down in Portland/Beverton for Porsche Training 20 years ago’ they were across the Street
Had broken Needle Nose Pliers Replaced on the Spot No Charge’ I was Impressed had them since the 1st X Wife.

2 Likes

+1 for the leatherman mut. That thing kicks ass. But don’t let it out of your sight lol.

2 Likes

More reliable and longer lasting. :grinning:

2 Likes

after 2 X wives i still got and ride the same 1975 shovelhead Harley Lot less maintenance.

3 Likes

I did not know that anyone was making a Titanium Multitool that is very Cool! I love Titanium Tool every time County Comm comes out with a new Ti Tool I usually get it!

1 Like

My suggestion would be the SOG PowerLock EOD Multi Tool

Gerber MP600 Multi Tool Needlenose Black
https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/shop/multi-tools/all-multi-tools/multi-plier-600-black-carbide-cutters-needlenose-leather-sheath-30-000314
I have both of this Multi Tool and I am really hard on Multi tools I have broken Countless Leathermans but this two models seem to be build strong enough to take the ABUSE I give them. The ONE Thing I love about the SOG is the I was able to Purchase Different Blades from SOG and Configured the Multi-Tool MY WAY which is a MAJOR Improvement over every other brand!!! I received the SOG as a Gift from my wife not sure who told her to get it but who ever did gave her great info. The one thing I will say that might be a Deal Killer about the SOG is that it is a Little HEAVY because it is make of all STAINLESS STEEL I have the Silver one not the Black one that is probably why I have not LOST IT and mine came with a very nice Retro Leather Sheath!

2 Likes

Leatherman. I use a “Surge” daily. Wal-mart used to have them for 80 bucks. You can get them direct for 100 or so on sale. Just look around. I saw a Leatherman at my local Lowe’s not long ago, but I don’t recall which specific one for about 85 bucks or so. Most of them have 2 locking blades (1 serrated and 1 normal), and except for the older models or the ones for specific occupations, they almost all have replaceable cutting edges in the pliers.

1 Like

Ended up with a SOG Power lock with the kydex holster. Got it on sale for 40.00. Been working good so far. Just wish the kydex holster held the bits for it.

1 Like