Good Deal on 22LR Ammo

TacticalShit.com is still on higher side of prices but they have done ok job of keeping some in stock and i have ordered from them a couple times when there was no ammo no where several monthes back. I had no problems with there company or my orders.

4 Likes

I’ve been shooting Aquila Super Extra 22 LR cprn & cphp for months. Not a single failure…:sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

5 Likes

Academy still has Aguila .22 LR Super Extra for $19.99 a box of 250. Thats 1000 rds for $79.96 which is still a good price. They also had Thunderbolt .22 LR box of 500 for $39.99 which is the same price. They still have the yellow old timey looking box of Winchester .22 LR box of 300 for $35.99 which is still too high.

3 Likes

Damn I wish there were an Academy near Philly. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’d take 1,000 rds. of the Aquila. Was there a limit?

Academy has a four box limit right now. Based upon the amount of Ammo they currently have, I wouldn’t be surprised if they raised their limit soon. Bought 4 boxes of Aguila last Friday and 4 boxes today which is 2000 rds. Hopefully they’ll have more Aguila on Wednesday.
.22’s are all I’m buying now. A couple of thousand more rounds and I’ll be done.

2 Likes

Anybody else noticed that Ammoseek.com rarely sends out many alerts lately? Seems the droppage in price ain’t happening like it was…

Academy today had no Aguila .22’s. The only good .22 buy was Remington Thunderbolt 500 round boxes for $39.99 a box. Plenty of Blazer 9mm 115 grain aluminum case for $14.99 a box of 50 and going off the shelves fast. They had only few boxes Winchester .380 boxes 50 for $27.99 a box and they went first. Had only a few boxes of .38 Specials they also went fast.
Got there just about opening at 0900 and about 6-7 people in line.

4 Likes
7 Likes

It’s long video, but if your a avid 22 shooter it’s very informative. :blush:
Larry

5 Likes

Lots of comments on “barrel twist” matching for this ammo.
Second review came in much better. Like the chrony data.

A better test:

4 Likes

Went by Academy this morning after their Monday Ammo Dump. Last week they had Remington .22 500 round boxes of Thunderbolts for $34.99 today they’re $39.99 a box or $.08/rd. For the first time in about three months they had Federal .22 40 grain 1200 fps muz vel 800 rd boxes for $59.99 or $.07/rd.

4 Likes

And Winchester wants in on the 22 LR silver “defense” ammo…:man_shrugging: :-1:

6 Likes

Ammoplanet.com has a good deal on Aquila Super Extra 22 LR CPHP.
20 box of 50/rds limit. ~$0.09/rd.

https://www.ammoplanet.com/products/aguila-super-extra-hollow-point

8 Likes

MidSouth Shooters Supply… $.08/rd.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/001621b221115/aguila-22-lr-500-bulk-super-extra-high-velocity-copper-plated-solid-point-40-grain-1255-fps?Tk=DFAM

4 Likes

Academy had it for $19.99 /250 yesterday so I got 2 boxes of the 38gr hp.

I have plenty of .22lr but a little more won’t hurt.

4 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:Them there exploding :boom: bullets arrived:

fjb

6 Likes

~ same speed…a little more weight…and lead/copper:

3 Likes

Found one nickel plated case in Aquila Super Extra 22 LR cphp yesterday…WTF? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hand packed. They fired that guy who didn’t know the difference between brass and nickle?

2 Likes