M*CARBO Brotherhood

Goo being used in the pc carbine flat trigger video?

So I installed the flat trigger and my pcc started doubling and tripling at the range. While burst fire is fun I’m hoping the next burst isn’t 33 rounds ok?

I don’t think I was doing anything unusual with the trigger but I took it off field strip style and sent another couple hundy down range and I did get another double with the factory trigger. I BELIEVE both instances were because the spring on the seer wasn’t in the recessed spot completely. It was left and right centered top and bottom when I broke it down at home. I researched the install vid and saw some goo being used to set that spring. What’s the goo? Can I maybe sub something household it kinda looks like petroleum jelly? I’m NO GUNSMITH

Any other advice on the pcc doubling? I was using trash steel ammo but I’ve used it before.

Other new stuff was the MCARBO clp is moderate excess it was kinda greasy. And I had the stainless hammer pin in which did have factory grease on it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I didn’t use any goo.

How many rounds on your PCC?

Had some double fires early on but that went away. It could be just getting used to the trigger and pulling too light.

2 Likes

Good evening gentlemen.
I believe the goo that you are referring to is synthetic grease w/PTFE.
In the trigger installation video, Chris uses it to hold small springs in place during assembly.
It’s a brilliant idea, and really does work well.

4 Likes

2,3 and full is not ok. Something is wrong internally. The lube is silicon w/ptfe as mentioned before. Probably a sear issue, a spring not installed correctly or the sear spring is missing completely.

I’d do a detailed inspection of the internals before any more shooting.

4 Likes

Thanks this looks like it should be here in a couple of days

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU85W4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_WQZC9JA10J5C7N2HYAEJ

1 Like

I went this route with the Super Lube, got the larger 3oz. tube and reusable syringes. The syringes work great for getting grease into hard to reach areas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JE0OO

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HPBG71M

2 Likes

@chilipepper, I ordered similar syringes but bought the lube in a jar instead of a tube. I’m not sure I will ever use all of it.

Super Lube 41160 Synthetic Grease (NLGI 2), 14.1 oz Canister, Translucent White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083R1FME/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D0X5JKHD65G2W82B5ENT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought about the tub as well but went for the smaller tube at the last minute for the very reason you mention. That said, I’ve filled and emptied the syringes twice already (lots of use on handgun slide rails), but there’s still plenty in the tube. I reckon I’m set for at least 5 years if not longer.

Good price on that tub, though. You could always share with your gun loving friends, maybe hold gun cleaning parties. :grinning:

3 Likes

@Larry.Irwin Yeah, thought the same. So took Chris’ idea to heart and use it when installing small, slippery, springy parts that don’t want to be installed. :wink:

1 Like

I really think it’s the Ruger the thing so sloppy in there there’s so much rattle and slamming that thing you can’t put a piece of precision that’s why Ruger put basically a bent nickel in there to start with.

2 Likes

I dunno but the thought of a FA sub2K kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling-until I think about the exorbitant ammo costs one would incur…

2 Likes

It’s actually 499 for a thousand rounds right now still at nachos the CCI spear Blazer rounds. Some dude give a heads up in the where you buying ammo channel and it’s been golden ever since and since they aren’t on ammo seek it’s been a gold mine. I’ll do 49 cents all day.

2 Likes

It’s actually $549.99 now + tax + shipping…

2 Likes

Yeah you got to do the 10% discount code roulette off of all the millions of codes that are posted everywhere. Minus 50 bucks.

3 Likes

Good point…

2 Likes

3 Likes

@FNG I have purchased this a couple of times over last 3 months. Received within 4 days of placing the order.

3 Likes