M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock to multi-mag conversion, S2K

Morning, I heard that with a sub2k multi-mag catch, a Taurus G2C extended mag can be used… My sub2k is a glock 17/22. What do I have to do to convert this to use multi-mags? Or is it possible? I appreciate any info…
Also, it seems some are swapping from the multi-mag to a glock mag,
what don’t I know. (except a lot!)

7 Likes

Purchase both Multimag Grip Halves and whichever mag catch you need. I’m not familiar with Taurus options, but you will need both grip halves plus the appropriate mag catch parts.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Jerry. Not disrespecting other mags, but is there a reason to move away from Glock mags other than interchangeability with your pistol? The use of fun sticks by itself makes Glock mags desirable, at least to me, especially when they also work in Ruger PCC’s, and you can find them anywhere, and at reasonable prices.

4 Likes

Can’t remember if I tried G2c mags in mine, but it was setup with the P226 catch.
And my G2c runs P226 mags flawlessly. As does the G3. So it seems likely.
I now have the P320 catch and run the 21-rounders in it.

+1 on this.

4 Likes

Great question that I too have been wondering about multi-mag vs Glock 17 mag, i have Glock 17 but with ammo being so scarce for 9mm, i am wondering if it makes sense to have multi-mag.

1 Like

3 of 4 of S2K’s have the multi-mag due to my secondary system loadout consists of S&W M&P pistols… Not a Glock pistol fan

1 Like

I’m not either - they’re less comfortable to me than others, something about the grip angle probably. My point about the mags is they’re reliable, cheap (relatively), and available everywhere, and third-party mags are too. Of course, if you already have a lot of other mags it makes sense to stay with what you have.

1 Like

Agreed… Glocks are tough as nails, but like you I dislike the grip angle. I’ve always preferred a thinner grip and more of 1911 grip angle.

Welcome Wetti, Thing about changing to the multi-mag grip is… no matter which of the available brands you choose… the boring remains 9mm.

1 Like