M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock OEM guide rod

I I’ve noticed that getting close to the 2K round mark that my guide rod tip is showing some wear.also is seating off center of hole and some times askew/not flush&at an angle.i got back into shooting after a 25 year hiatus before glocks came out

so poly guns are not my forte BUT,I know the my fellow *CARBO-nites can answer this-duz this have any affect on accuracy?? I’m kinda on the fence about it…

7 Likes

Which gen? I don’t think it’s a big deal but new gen 4 recoil springs can be found on Glocks website for $12. Gen 5 around $16. At that price, if I was feeling uncomfortable about it, I would just replace it.

11 Likes

Try the tungsten guide rod. I’m going to switch to this soon. More weight and less muzzle flip and limp wrist sounds good to me.

Also, The problem you were having with cycling when you tried the compensator was probably from the stock 17 lb. spring…needed a lighter spring when you added the compensator.

8 Likes

Yeah…thats a DEFINITE upgrade! I watched videos on compact .45 1911s that wernt near as muzzle flippy as the G19.thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

Was the guide rod seated all the way down? If not that could cause it to skew on the end.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! I’ve payed close attention to that after the 2ND time the whole bloody thing spat outta the hole while the slide was locking up during reassembly-THATS a drag! GOTTA keep keep that pecker snort straight! No man,sometimes it’s perfectly flush,sometimes it protrudes about 3/64" and sometimes it’s flush to one side…u get the picture…very inconsistent…bent perhaps? Looking at another brothers reply I believe tungstens the way to go…or SS or anything BUT plastic methinks :thinking:

4 Likes

Did you burn the barrel and guide rod at the same time? Must have been a busy day at the range? That you didn’t tell us about? :upside_down_face: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

1 Like

Negative.burned neither to my knowledge!

2 Likes

Boy if everybody’s customer service(and machine work )was as smooth as glocks,I probably wouldn’t be pissed all the time…
Sending the barrel in question back and will shoot the alpha woofy till it breaks or whatever.may go SS on the guid rod-happy medium.or not…

3 Likes

I hope you get a Gen5 marksman barrel…if it fits is the question? Maybe you can check that out for us?

Found one for under $100…

3 Likes

Hmmm.idk if the barrel lugs are the same.i would be surprised if they varied from the stock barrel.frankly I’ll be surprised if they replace it.but like I told the dude,the ALPHA woofy barrel confirmed it is messed up…waitin on the EEE-mail.

WHERE IS IT?!?

2 Likes

He said “pass the sardines”!

3 Likes

That “HE” sir is the Tyrant queen,and she will NOT eat fish.(crazy…what cat duznt eat no dad gumnd danged ol fish¿ why I swear… :chipmunk:)

1 Like

Under a $100?!? Wow,get it mate! Shoot(pun)Lone Woofys Glock OEMs start at $150! And I shudder to think of what a LWD glock OEMs machine/finish work looks like! HOLY CRAP BAT MAN!

2 Likes

But I have the original Alpha Wolf barrel when they wanted to be Perfect too!

2 Likes

I’m getting the impression that something happened to they’r quality like recently…some suggested they could be farming out part of it,could be.and a 2018 barrel duznt look like mine…just sayin.

1 Like

The guide rod being off center will have no appreciable effect on accuracy.

As @MountainHunter mentioned tungsten guide rods work, mass = inertia = reduced recoil, however more mass = less fun to carry.

Personally, I messed up my back when I was in the Army so I’m kinda a bitch about things like this, I’'ll gladly trade a bit of weight for a bit of recoil. My back hurts less at the end of the day carrying a much lighter plastic p365 12+1 in the gun and a 15 round reload than it did when I carried a 1911 with 8+1 and 2 8 round reloads.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think so.GLOCK concurred.good point about the weight though! I too have a thrashed back and my right SI joint screwed as well,some days I can’t take the weight of 16 124grns on it and either switch mags or move the gun.point taken and a HEARD DAT! :bomb: :chipmunk:

1 Like

Is that like,sarcasm? :thinking: