M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock mags for carbine

For my 9mm carbine. Do I need to know anything more when I buy some 10 round Glock 17 mags?

2 Likes

IF you can buy larger ones that is what I would do before they are outlawed. Which carbine do you have that used Glock mags?

Tom

2 Likes

Ruger9mm and I’m in NY

2 Likes

@Teamsterjohn1
What part of New York? No. Don’t answer.
There are 30 round happy sticks available.

1 Like

Love my PC9. Ordered mags from KCI.

1 Like

Just got a 9mm Glock 50 round drum for my kel-tec sub-2000.

3 Likes

Anxious to hear (read) and see the video of how it works.

2 Likes

I’m of the opinion - and it IS just my opinion - drum mags may look cool but are mostly range toys, mainly because they’re LESS reliable (more complicated) than stick mags and very awkward to carry. I have several 41-round ETS stick mags, can carry 4 or 5 of them in the same space as one drum mag, and I’m far more confident they’ll keep working even if they get wet, dirty, or dropped on concrete.

I bought a 110-round drum mag for my 10/22 just for the hell of it. I can attest it takes longer to load than five 25-round stick mags and is far less reliable. It’s also choosy about which ammo it will feed consistently. I got it for the cool factor - if I had to use the rifle in the field, the drum mag would stay in the safe.

3 Likes

I do value your opinion, as it was an impulse buy,cause let’s face it,it just looks cool.I have yet to try it due to the rising cost of ammo. I did stock up before things got out of hand,but I also have a Ruger 9mm. I am trying to conserve ammo.The drum probably wont get used until the price of ammo drops.The other mags I use regularly.

2 Likes

How do you post a picture?

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m shooting mostly .22LR except for a very small amount of centerfire for EDC practice but I’ll probably cut back on even that since “Congress” is preparing HR 5717. I won’t say any more so it doesn’t get political, but by all means do an internet search - it’ll turn your stomach.

I predict there will be a lot of boating accidents in the months ahead.

3 Likes

I watched it last session. You’re saying it has been reintroduced?

3 Likes

Not that specific one - I pointed it out because the numerous bills already submitted encompass most of its provisions and more, and this is only the 2nd week. HR 30, 121, 125, 127, 130, and 167… so far.

3 Likes

I have been watching the prices and I made an ammo locker last year,everybody thought I was crazy,now they can’t find any.I am worried about what could happen. I never thought I’d see the country going this way.My stomach has been turning for months.

4 Likes

Well, you certainly aren’t alone there. I think it would be safe to say that covers most of us here.

6 Likes