M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock G25 Law Enforcement (LE)

I use a Sig P938 9mm for EDC and aside from limited capacity (6+1 or 7+1) it’s a great pocket gun, which is what I need. It’s Sig’s version of the Colt Mustang - very reliable and accurate as hell for such a small frame. If you really want a .380, the Sig P238 is the same gun. Both are pricey but well worth it IMHO for a self defense gun.

I sold a S&W Bodyguard .380 and had 5 rounds left over (don’t own any other .380’s) so I fired them in the 938 to get rid of them. They didn’t have enough power to cycle the slide. That’s all I need to know about .380’s.

2 Likes

Just got the Sig 938 Sports myself. Replaced the trigger and springs to lighten the trigger pull by about 50%. Didn’t buy it because I wanted a small frame gun for concealed carry, or that I’m a big fan of 9mm. I am a big fan of 1911 style and already had 3 Sigs in 45acp and a Springfield in 40 cal. The 938 just helped round out my collection. I am impressed with it’s size, controllability and accuracy. There is a reason that those who carry professionally to protect their lives and yours, don’t carry .380’s. However, carrying a gun that you can afford, conceal and shoot accurately enough is way better than getting caught with no means of defending yourself and your family. I wouldn’t turn down my Ruger 10-22 with a 25rd mag of CCI Stingers if that was what I had access to at the time.

2 Likes

My wife absolutely won’t shoot anything bigger than a .22LR (haven’t gotten her to try my PMR-30 yet) so I bought her a Ruger SR22. It’s a nice reliable little gun, easy to handle, and even SHE can hit something with it. A .22 is a very under-rated round - it’s killed more things than probably any other cartridge, and enough of them can make up for it’s relative weakness. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

A 22 mag is a real favorite of mine. At around 2100fps it can plain tear some things up. I would probably take it over a .380.

2 Likes

The Ruger LCP recall.

2 Likes

That’s what :eye: said!!! ^^^

1 Like

Get a makarov. +P+ capable.will hose a GLOCK :dizzy_face:

1 Like

There isn’t a SAMI +P rating for any 380 ammo. Right? I’ve seen ballistics tests that show some 380 ammo (ripper types) that would easily rival a short barrel 38spcl. With a bit more accuracy! (except of course for my Walther PK380 which is only good at 8 feet max!)

I agree there are some great small/compact 9mm autos out there. I guess it takes me back to my original question of why would Glock offer a 15 round LEO only version for this round…?

2 Likes

No really good answer there bro.same width as the G26,height is 5.04" length is 7.36" vs 4.17" and 6.42" for the G26…barrel length is 4.02"vs 3.43"-absolutely no idea…

2 Likes

Sounds like it is only offered in Europe. For years there many of the Admin and Investigator types in LE there carried .380 (9mm Kurz) because of their concealability. There weren’t the compact and sub compact 9mm’s available like we have here now. Because of the trend toward higher capacity I’m not surprised they tried to create a gun to fill a perceived need. The .380 is still an inferior round to the 9mm, 40cal or 45cal. The rationalization for them seems to be, if you fire enough rounds fast enough it will probably stop the threat.

2 Likes

Concur! Just doesn’t make sense but there it is…

2 Likes

Trying to make sense out of Govt/Bureaucratic “logic” will only have you banging your head against a wall. But, it does feel better when you stop.

5 Likes

If you go for a 26 then iwould build a ploy 80 glock 26. Better ergonomics. Drop in an apex trigger and gee plate mag bases. Now that would be nice.

Me I went with a sccy cpx-2. Older version. They have new versions out that are striker fire and a reddot installed.

I added Mcarbo trigger kit to mine. Newer models dont need it.

Great light weight cheaper well made carry gun.
Lighter loaded than 26 unloaded. Same round count.

They even have a 380 version.

https://www.sccy.com/handguns/cpx-3rd/

https://www.sccy.com/handguns/dvg/

https://www.sccy.com/handguns/cpx-1rd/

2 Likes

You also have to remember that Glock developed this for sale in Europe where, in certain countries, it is illegal for civilians to own a firearm chambered in a “military” caliber. The 380 isn’t a caliber currently in service so therefore the civilian population can own it.

2 Likes

Uhm…hell,I gotta ask after this lone wolf UAT/trigger bar I put in my GEN4 19 and the LACK of this teeny tiny detail covered any ANYBODYS(not just LWDs)video on any trigger-IS IT DROP SAFE?!? my lone wolf UAT sure failed the manual test! When I questioned them about this defect and told them it was ABSOLUTELY UNSAFE TO CARRY,They immediately sent me a return form…its a pretty serious issue as a negligent discharge with a modified firearm IS ALL ON YOU :point_right:t4: :eyes:…frankly it scared the crap outta me when I discovered this issue by way of a “unrelated” video, is your after market trigger safe-or something along those lines…my point is,if you drop it and it goes off,it’s YOUR butt! GLOCK will absolve themselves of liability-YOU modified it! and nobody will care WHO made the trigger,YOU
Put it in AND I’m sure whomsoever made said trigger would say u screwed it up…cover your six,that’s all I’m sayin guys.its a simple thing to overlook

1 Like

Just performed all drop safety tests
Apex is good to go. JMHO

http://www.apextactical.com/about.php

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/192380

3 Likes