M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock G25 Law Enforcement (LE)

Does anyone have one? Can average Joe’s get one?

I like the size of the G25 and also the expanded 15 round capacity. I also like the consistency of trigger pull and characteristics among Glocks.

.380 ammo is making huge gains in effectiveness and (the firearms) strike a good balance for size (hand feel) and capacity etc.

My PK380 is marginal at best for accuracy and capacity (9+1 with mag extension and is a bit large for CC.
Zjan

4 Likes

Well man,according to my Glock brochures,you cannot own one L.E. restricted to Law Enforcement only.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Yes. Hence the LE designation. Curious if anyone has been able to circumvent that restriction. More importantly, why the restriction in the first place? The fact it has that much more capacity makes it the best version of a 380 out there!

3 Likes

THAT is.an excellent question you can call GLOCK1 770 432 1202 just ask for customer service.eh- they will ask u if you want sales or tech support…im kinda curious myself :thinking:

1 Like

The Glock 25 is the same size as the Glock 19 but in 380 with a reduced weight recoil spring to work with 380 loads that being said that pistol is available for LEO/MIL Sales ONLY here in the USA but is available to civilians in Europe where civilians are not allowed to have the same caliber as the Military or LEO. If you are Dead Set in having one you might want to contact Century Arms and see if they have any on the Pipeline coming in as Police Trade ins or you can just get a Gen 3 or 4 Glock 19 and get someone like BarSto to Custom Chamber you a Glock 19 barrel for 380. I honestly do not see why someone would go to 380 when 9mm is widely available. 380 ammo is usually twice as expensive as 9mm and the ammo selection is NO as WIDE!

5 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth…thank you!:v::grinning::boom:

5 Likes

It’s not available to civilians because of the import restrictions set on guns entering the United States. It’s based on a point system and the G25 doesn’t have enough points for civilian import.

9 Likes

Good inputs folks. I guess the best reason to stick with a 9 is the G19 fact!

The 380 ammo I’ve been getting here in Vegas has been reasonable. For true defensive loads they’re on PAR cost wise. Only benefit would be overall weight and rackabilty for my wife.

Thanks to all of you!

4 Likes

The big problem is that the .380 is a marginal self defense round at best. I would never carry one nor recommend that anyone else do so. There are so many 9mm’s out there that are so close in size to the 380’s (Glock 42 vs 43) To each his/her own, it’s your life, your decision. In 31yrs with the PD I carried 38spec, 9mm and 40cal. I had to carry what was issued. My favorite cal. was the 40. Now I work as a Private Invest, also doing armed security and personal protection and can carry what I want - 1911 45’s.

7 Likes

@Dane - you’re correct. Looking at 9s now…

1 Like

@Zjan - Maybe you should write down what capabilities you need before deciding what to get. Are you looking for a specific physical size (pocket gun, compact, full-size), use (EDC, range time, deep concealment, next to the bed), capacity (how many rounds), power (low recoil, maximum stopping power), price, looks, reliability, ammo cost, other qualities?

For example you don’t want a .44 magnum revolver if you need a small, easily concealed, powerful EDC gun, however that same gun is a hoot to use at the range and makes a dandy bedside friend. Conversely, if you’re looking to drive tacks at 25 yards, a pocket gun probably isn’t what you want.

Once you know what you want the gun to do, ask people here what they think of xyz gun and you’ll get lots of responses! LOL If your LGS rents guns, DO SO. You can’t know how a gun will handle and feel until you try it.

4 Likes

I would highly recommend…try/rent before you buy…

The Glock26 Gen5 (Get the one Made in the USA) The original BABY

With a little modification you will find very fast follow up shots, great concealable…great for the Mrs…great for the cost of ammo…on and on…

+P+ 124 g HP Ammo with Sooper Extra Heavy Duty Tungsten Guide Rod and standard power recoil spring for you.

HP ammo and Sooper Extra Heavy Duty Tungsten Guide Rod and maybe lighter tested recoil spring for the Mrs.

I’m 110% satisfied with my G26 Gen4

And you can shoot all day and clean it in 3 minutes flat…:scream::fist:

Enough said…:boom::boom::boom::eyes::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Same here, especially for a primary carry pistol especially if someone has normal hands, hand strength, etc. That said, I do have an ultra small, light .380, the Ruger LCP II. It’s so light and thin that I can easily carry it in pajama pockets with two spare mags and not need a belt. That type of carry is what I mainly see for .380 in my life and that’s always at home with much better stuff only seconds away. No kids here. I do sometimes carry it when out and about, but only as a backup.

4 Likes

Ruger did have a recall on the LCP…not sure about the LCPII.

I tried one…meh…like my G26 G4 9mm soooo much better.

2 Likes

If you want a moderate size 380 I would highly recommend the Smith and Wesson M&P EZ in 380. They also have it in 9. I bought the 380’s for my wife and daughter and when loaded with the proper ammo they are more than capable of doing the job if the shooter does there. They are easy to rack the slide, the magazines are designed to make them easy to load without a special loader and with models available with both thumb safety and no manual safety you can get what you want.
Not dissing on Glock at all but as mentioned the G25 just doesn’t have enough points for import and Glock has no interest in building them in the US.

2 Likes

Is the LCPII rated for +P+ ammo? Even? :frowning::face_vomiting:

If not it really is a piss-stool!:eyes::scream:

2 Likes

That recall was many, many years ago on the original LCP, which resulted in the LCP 2. The LCP II is totally different and is the newest and much improved version. No recalls on that one as far as I know.

4 Likes

I never say anything about pistol calibers. I just refer people this site & let them make up their mind because I don’t know peoples needs, handicaps or personal requirements. https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP

4 Likes

I always share “what I think I know”…and add the reviews from whom I consider to be experts…not that I can’t change my mind…or disagree with a few details here and there that I see them do or say…IMHO. I’m still standing…:sunglasses::boom:

1 Like

SAMI does not have a +P rating for 380 ammo. But I’ve seen some loads that are plenty lethal!

2 Likes