Glock Drum Magazine

I am considering purchasing a 9m/m 50-round drum magazine for my G2k. I have both Glock & Pro-Mag 33 & 32 round stick mags and they seem to function flawlessly. What after-market brand(s) would be a good choice based on personal use? Many thanks.

4 Likes

Ive got a Korean made kci 50 round drum for my glock style sub2k. Alot of people will say anything other then factory mags are unreliable and junk but ive never had any issues what so ever with any of my kci mags even the 50 round drum has allways ran flawlessly. And you can usually find a kci drum mag for around 50 to 70 dollara online.

6 Likes

Thanks. How do you ID a Korean KCI drum from others? I notice several types listed on Gun Broker.

2 Likes

Just do internet search for kci drum mag for glock. Ive even seen it on sale before for 39 dollars or like how i got mine when i bought 500 rounds of 9mm the kci drum was like 20 bucks on top of the 500 round price but thats been several years ago.

Edit: i just searched it palmeto state armory has them listed for 65 bucks https://palmettostatearmory.com/kci-glock-17-19-9mm-50-round-drum-magazine-black-kci-mz027.html but if you shop around or wait a bit you can find them cheaper

2 Likes

Thanks. In the Glock Store they are $89.95 w/ $8.00 or $10.00 shipping depending on the carrier. I’m curious as to the quality difference between the two.

2 Likes

Do some research first. I THOUGHT I saw somewhere that the plastic mag catch on Glocks was not strong enough for the number of rounds in a drum magazine. I don’t know if that is true or not. But it IS worth looking into since the S2K mag catch is also plastic.

Honestly I have no idea, just throwing out what I’ve heard.

1 Like

Thanks. I will check it out.

1 Like

I’ve used the KCI drum mags in Gen 1 and Gen 2 subs with no problems. Also used them in Glock 17, 19, 26, and 34. I did take them apart to clean and dry lube.

1 Like

I was all kinds of giddy when I saw the Magpul drum mag for the Glock 17 platform, but the.n decided that I could buy a bunch of stick mags for what they wanted for the drum.

Disclaimer…. I do have a Magpul drum mag for my AR platform rifle…

2 Likes

I was a bit disappointed in my order from the Glock Store. I ordered one of their 50-round drum magazines for my 2G200 expecting it to be “Glock” branded. What a surprise when I opened the package and saw that it was a Korean KCI drum magazine. I just tend to be an OEM brand guy. I do my absolute best to only use OEM parts on whatever I am working on unless there is a good reason to upgrade to an after-market part.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there is no such animal as an OEM Glock drum magazine.

3 Likes

So I have discovered in my searches. :+1:
:rage:

2 Likes

Run it! I havent had no issues with my kci drum. And with little pratice i can load the 50 round drum quicker then i can my 32 round happy sticks. The stick mags are alot easier to pack and alot lighter. But i wouldnt think twice about throwing my kci drum in my sub2k and trusting it to work when needed. I have several 32 round kci stick mags as well and they have all worked as good as my oem glock mags.

2 Likes

I plan to use my sub2k as my “go to” weapon. We are rural with Black Bear in our woods. Having dogs and liking to “wander around” in the woods a bit myself, even though Black Bear tend not to be overly aggressive, one never knows, especially if there is a cub involved. I have Glock & Pro Mag sticks and they seem to run well.

2 Likes