M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock 43x and 48 game changer

I was thinking of buying a hellcat but I think I’ll just go with another Glock. Should be a nice slim edc with 33% added protection. I usually carry a g19 because of the capacity now the 43x and 48 which are thinner can carry 15 rounds. https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

2 Likes
4 Likes

Interesting. This may get me to look at the G 48/ 43X. Does anyone have personal experience with this magazine?

3 Likes

Very nice! Love those new Glocks.

2 Likes

I qualified with the Glock 43 a couple of years ago. Last year I bought the Glock 48 which comes with the 10-round mags. One thing I like about it is that the 43X & 48 fit the existing holster that I used with the 43. The only drawback I that I have experienced with the 48 is that the length of the barrel in the holster will press against my hip and press the upper part of the gun into my side while sitting and requires a longer draw to clear the holster. In hindsight I probably would have bought the 43X for fit in the holster. The 48 shoots very well and hits center of mass at various short ranges. I also have the Glock 19 and keep it at the house.

3 Likes

@em44052 from what I’ve read and heard they only did a first batch as of now with preorder. But every video that I have watched they are giving the mags 110% approval with no jams or failures to feed

3 Likes

Worth checking out. :+1:

2 Likes

Will, not trying to hijack your thread… if it were between a G43X and a G48, which one would you choose? I have a GSSF blue label coupon burning a hole in my pocket. With the revelation of a 15 rd. magazine, I am looking at getting one of these pistols. I would be using it as one of my conceal carry pistols.

2 Likes

Well Scott I’m going with the 43x for concealed carry

2 Likes

Scott I actually stoped at my LGS just today he had 3 last week and 0 today lol trying to work a deal with him on a 43x and a savage 30-06 but he was in a very foul mood because of his ex-wife today so I didn’t even talk to him about it I just asked him if he had any and he said he was all out. So I figure I’ll slip back in there about Wednesday and hit him up maybe he’ll be in a better mood LOL

2 Likes

I was thinking along the same lines. From what I have read, the 43x seems to be just a accurate as the 48 in most of the reviewer’s hands. I like the idea of a shorter barrel for concealed carry.

I have also read that for some reason the G45 just seems to aim and shoot better than the G17 or G19, but no one can exactly explain why. Reading further several reviews stated the G43X is a “shrunk down version” of the G45 and has some of the same benefits due to the grip/ slide ratio.

2 Likes

Attached is photo of my Glock 48 in a BlackHawk Serpa holster that I used with my Glock 43.
The difference with the Glock 43X is that the barrel will not extend below the holster.

3 Likes

I bought the strike industries plus 2 for my Glock 43 It’s no 15 rounder but 8 + 1 isn’t bad and it looks and feels great.

4 Likes

You should try the ETS 9 round mags with the xgrip adapter. I got it for my wife’s 43, and I like the way it feels in the hand now. That strike industry does look sharp tho. It wouldn’t on hers tho because it’s blue.

2 Likes

I honestly love ETS mags. I have like 60 of there mags all different calibers and I have never had a issue with any of them. And I’m so happy they finally made 31 rounders my g21 that many rounds of 45 acp is a true fun stick

Looking at getting the 43X, but I might wait to see if they will start selling the railed version in the US currently being sold in EU

[https://eu.glock.com/en/products/pistols/g43x-rail]

2 Likes