M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock 43: Thoughts?

Sorry, a little off topic here, but anyone here own a Glock 43? What are your experiences with it? Let’s say compared to other striker fired guns such as G19, CZ P10, VP9, etc. The size and weight looks very tempting. Thanks in advanced.

4 Likes

I have a 43 and it replaced my 26 as my EDC. I also have a 19. The 43 is just a wee version of both of those. It’s basically a bisected 26 since it’s virtually the same length and height, just a lot thinner. It’s a great size (I pocket carry) with a pretty good trigger. Sights are typical Glock plastic and I replaced them with XS Big dot tritium sights.

With my typical grip, I found myself shooting way left and low with it. So much so that I thought my sights were bad. I looked it up and it turns out that it’s a very common problem with shooting such small thin single stack pistols. I had to get more of my trigger finger through the guard and on the trigger. After I realized that, my shooting got much better almost instantly.

1 Like

Got one for my wife for Xmas through the LE blueline program. Trigger pull was a bit heavy so I replaced the trigger and connector with one from Orange County Custom Triggers. It dropped the trigger pull to about 4lbs. It also features an adjustment to reduce trigger pre-travel as well as shortening the reset. It costs about $125. You can choose the features you want, including trigger color and smooth or grooved. I also added an extended slide release which is much easier for her to manipulate. She shoots it well, even for a new shooter. I really like the gun too, but being a fan of larger calibers, I carry a Glock 27 40cal.

1 Like

I was having the same problem with my S&W Shield. I put a Hogue overgrip on it so it filled out the space in my hands a little better and pretty much cured it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely a thin/short grip issue. I wanted to learn how to shoot it before making any grip mods because I don’t want to make it any thicker.

2 Likes

Yup. We’re “pushing” the muzzle with too little finger on the trigger. Down and to the left for righties and down and to the right for lefties. :+1:

2 Likes

My M&P 9mm shield is my everyday carry gun. When I’m on vacation and need deep concealed carry (pocket carry) I go with the Glock 43. It is all stock except for the sights. I plan on installing an Apex carry trigger. I’ve installed one in the shield and I really like it. I just need to get the money and time to get it completed.

2 Likes

I thought the G43 was about the same size as a Shield. I have a Bodyguard .380 for a pocket carry gun and I’m not exactly in love with it. I may have to look at the Glock. I agree on the Apex trigger in the Shield - much preferred to factory. A police firearms instructor I have the good fortune to train with suggested concentrating on moving the big knuckle of the trigger finger outward (like perpendicular to the trigger pull) rather than thinking about pulling the pad of the fingertip backwards when I asked him about my tendency to hit low/left when I am off target. It does seem to make a difference. I think just putting more finger through the trigger on smaller guns helps too…

1 Like

That’s exactly it, as I found out, too. :+1:

Have a 19 and a 43. Love the 43 as a carry gun, owb yet conceaked under a t shirt. Both guns have the rear sight right of center, the 43 more than the 19, zeroed them in at 25 yards. For a subcompact, the 43 is pretty accurate, fun enough as a range gun. I have a couple 8 round mags, feels like a skinny 1911 that way and allows 9 rounds to be carried. I was avoiding a subcompact for a long time, but now glad I bought the 43.

2 Likes

I had a Kahr PM9, which is noticeably smaller than the 43, that I carried for years and it’s been a great pistol. It’s the single stack “Glock” 9mm that Glock refused to make for so long. But, I wanted an actual Glock in that role since I’m so familiar with the platform overall and they’re so easy to detail strip and maintain.

I will say it was a genius move on Gaston’s part to bring out the 42 first and let sales run for a few years soaking up that profit first before the 43. People weren’t happy about .380, but they sold a ton of them anyway and a great many of them also bought 43s when they came out. Had it been the other way around, Glock would have sold very few 42 in comparison.

3 Likes

Get yourself one and install a TLR6. Great setup, shoots well, and of course, its a G Lock.

3 Likes

Holsters for that setup are available btw

3 Likes

I have and use it. It’s small, reliable and does require practice for grip technique. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Vedder light tuck holster with claw for EDC. I’m switching to a Sig Sauer 365 to address the only thing I don’t like, which is capacity. 6 +1 versus 10 or 12 + 1 in the mag and pipe is a no brainer to me.

2 Likes

Hey, GLOCK is a FIVE letter word. No need for stars and pound signs and what not lol.

1 Like

What, Gluck? I’ve heard that one before several times. LOL

1 Like

Guy locally is selling it for $390. Fde color. Should I jump on it? Good deal?

2 Likes

Not a bad price at all. I paid $440 for mine in standard black.

1 Like

Paid $740 for mine. $300 surcharge trying to make it pretty. Actually, succeeded at that…for a Glock…just added night sights as well. Thing cost as much as my Range Officer…but gets out a lot more.

2 Likes

I have two, one for my wife who is a lefty and one for me. Both are light and comfortable to carry. Both shoot spot on. This is a great gun to consider for edc…I sometimes carry mine in a shoulder holster when on a motorcycle trip…dont even know its there.

3 Likes