M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock 21 Gen 4: Build or Upgrades

I just acquired a gen 4 glock 21. I would like to start a build, but don’t know where i should start. Any suggestions for parts and expertise would greatly be appreciated. Thx. Brothers…

6 Likes

@Irish

Shaun,

That is a ‘loaded’ question (no pun intended!!!) What are you ‘trying’ to accomplish? I mean is the gun for carry? Is it for target? I have 2 1/2 80% 10/22 customs built. One is an AR platform and one has a Boyd’s thumbstock that weighs 5 lbs, 3 oz with a scope. I am debating to switch the 22LR and make it a 17HMR, however that one has an 18 oz Magnum Research barrel, If I make it a 17HMR, I might have to switch the chassis to a PMACA and go with a ‘varmint’ set up to take down fox and coyote using a 1:9 twist rate and suppress the ‘bad boy?’ You see what I mean? You need to know the ‘purpose’ of your build or you will NEVER complete ‘your’ build and all you will end up doing is ‘upgrading’ your firearm!!! :+1:

5 Likes

@lonewolf would like it to be competition competent.

5 Likes

@Irish

Shaun,

I would go to the Glock website and check into GSSF and figure out what class or classess that you are interested in. You are ‘restricted’ in some classes on your build and you may find out that you may even require a 2nd build. If you are interested, in more ‘exploration,’ I’d be more than happy in helping you get more acclimated in a set up… How deep is your pockets??? JK… Inbox me, I had rebuilt my Glock G17 three times since 2012 and they are quite addicting with the Polymer 80 Kits! Big smiles…

6 Likes

Not to deep lol… but it’ll probably take awhile to complete the build. Slowly but surely I’ll get there. I really appreciate the knowledge and willingness to share it. Thx brother

4 Likes

Better sights. I prefer Dawson fiber optic front and Warren Tactical rear.
Grip reduction if you need it.
Plenty of magazines.

With nothing more, the potential of that pistol will astound you.

3 Likes

I recommend watching johnny glocks on youtube. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpgYCc1_8FaM86jpCkMs5Fw/videos

3 Likes