M*CARBO Brotherhood

Glock 19 Pistol

I know some of you guys here must own a Glock pistol. I looking to install new sights. Any advice on what’s a good sight to buy. Iron sights that is.

3 Likes

Rock your Glock maybe. Hang on let me pull mine out from under the door…just kidding.

1 Like

Ive had these (below) on for 7ish yrs, and cant complain…
but i shot a buddy’s gen 4 with that big red oem front sight, and cant wait to swap mine to one of those.

4 Likes

I’m 100% satisfied with TRUGLO TFX PRO sights on my G26. Use a sight pusher or have it done…don’t bang on them to install.
Optics Planet had a good price when I bought mine. I also installed them on my PCC9.

8 Likes

Great. Thanks to everyone

5 Likes

With @MountainHunter here. Tru glow TFX Pros on both my 19 and 27.

6 Likes

If your not interested in nights sights William’s glock green front red rear are the brightest I have used. If you want a decent night sight with excellent day sight then heinie ledge straight eight sights are sweet.

3 Likes

TFX Pros, great sights. Have them on both my Glock 27 and my Sig C3 1911 .45. I had them installed at a local gun store by a certified gunsmith. Best part was that since I bought the sights through them installation was free.

2 Likes

That makes three of us that liked them so much we bought a second set…says a lot…:boom::boom::boom:

3 Likes

To be fair, enjoy the fact that you’re fitting to a cookie cutter pistol. TFX Pros on my CZ Shadowline compact shoot about 10 inches low at 10 yards. I ran the numbers and figured the required correction. I wrote Truglo with my request. The crickets told me to pound sand.

IMO fitting the dovetails isn’t sufficient to advertise sights for the pistol. But, they do anyway.

2 Likes

@Dred I hear ya. Sometimes looking at the reviews can save an aggrevation…:face_with_monocle::scream:

I wish they would listen…and fix it for ya…:joy::joy::joy:

Question:
Is it compatible with CZ sp-01 Shadow 1?

Answer:

It will fit, however there will be a small gap under the front and rear sights when fitted - The SP01 and shadow line of pistols only have a 0.060" depth dovetail, the rest of the 75 series of handguns have a 0.085" depth dovetail! Truglo only makes one sight fitment for CZ’.

Colonel Mustard Canada

Question:
Will this fit a cz shadow 2?

Answer:

It will fit, but there will be a gap between slide and the front sight, and the shots you made will be low

May 16, 2019

3 Likes

No gaps at all. But think about Truglo’s lies about fitment.

No way my 5" Shadowtac and my 3.8" Shadowline compact can run the same sites and hit the same point of aim.

I recognized this before I invested. But I also recognized that I was gonna have to try it to find out if I was the lucky winner.

I haven’t actually lost entirely 'cause they’re gonna get swapped onto my Shadow Tac II where I expect them to be closer to correct. Just won’t be able to run’m on the pistol they were purchased for.

3 Likes

I got lucky on my PCC9…they’re still holding true…:grin::boom::boom::boom:

4 Likes

I got the lowest front and tallest back sights for my P365 to adjust for it hitting 4" low with the standard sights. Wasn’t supposed to work but my gunsmith milled the rear slot and custom fitted it. Still shoots a little low but I know it will and hold over a little. Nice sights, adds real benefit, not just look purdy.

3 Likes

@Dred how much higher you need to go ?

1 Like

I am not at home, but: recollection puts the calculated figure at +.07" to the rear sight.

2 Likes

I would go with the glock oem metal trijicon night sights. Not badly priced and last forever.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone why helped me out

3 Likes

You will need a 3/16” thin walled nut driver to remove and install the front sight…and some blue lock tight or comparable product.

I bought the Lone Wolf 4 in 1 Glock Armorer’s tool. Most vendors sell them (Brownells, Midway, Optics Planet, etc) and you might purchase at the same time/place as your upgrade sights to get free shipping and a discount when bundled.

Features

• 3/32" pin punch for removing all Glock pins
  • Small flat head screwdriver for connector removal
  • 3/16 nut driver for installation and removal of aftermarket front sights
  • Small nylon parts brush for easy clean up
  • Hardened punch
  • Brush has 20% longer bristles
  • Brush bristles have been vulcanized in place to reduce individual bristle loss
  • *3/32 pin punch is not warranted for prying. Do not use punch for prying off magazine floor plates
    Knurled body for improved grasp

Make sure to show us what you end up with and how you like them.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/4613/wolves-den--promotions/lwd-at1-bag

5 Likes

Hey Teamster,
I bought Night Fision for both of mine, G-19 was the first one equipped, I picked a High Vis Yellow for the front sight and the Square with yellow on the Rear of the slide.
On the G-43, I picked the High Vis Orange and on the Rear, I chose the U-Shaped sight and not his vis orange. In the daytime, it looks like either no DOTS or small white BUT at night, these sight light up just perfectly in my opinion. www.nightfision.com
Paul

3 Likes