M*CARBO Brotherhood

General Installation Questions

Just thought I would start the topic in case anyone had specific questions about installation.
If I may, I shall ask the first, can the mag catch for multi mag be swapped without taking the 2 halves apart? Anyone have experience in doing this? I was looking at it last night and it looked like you should be able to but didn’t have the time to deal with it in case it came off and I couldn’t get it back on…

@Omnivious no. There is a retention spring that keeps it in place. You have to take it apart.

1 Like

I just realized you were talking about the multi-mag. I’m not sure about that. No experience with it.

1 Like

I think it’s just the 2 screws that hold the little piece of metal for the catch on the polymer and my concern was exactly what @Kona mentioned, I don’t know if there’s a little piece in there with it that might fall out, I think I can get some sort of pliers or something in there to hold it while I put the screws back in as long as it’s 1 piece…

1 Like

Yeah it’s just those springs and the mag catch plate itself. I did it without taking the gun apart at all. Kinda a nuisance to do but doable.

2 Likes

@ChrisNelson how about making a simple tool to change out multi mag catches? Possibly a magnetic piece with the correct length arm to hold the mag catch in place while you screw down the mag catch?

1 Like