M*CARBO Brotherhood

Gap At Front Sight

Good afternoon brotherhood.
Attached are a couple of pictures. The barrel moves side to side when unlatched. Is this normal or do the screws at the rear sight post need tightening? Thanks for any help

5 Likes

@10Speed Just checked mine. I can’t say there is no movement , maybe less than a 16th of an inch , but it stays centered after I try and wiggle it. Nothing compared to yours.

6 Likes

Remove the screws, apply blue 242 loctite and torque back down. I would recommend upgrading to the mcarbo steel screws otherwise you might strip out the aluminum factory ones.

4 Likes

Thanks, is the gap supposed to be closed? I have seen the video when you upgrade the rear sight it is closed. Same with the stock one?

2 Likes

Yeah it should fit in the slot. Heres how mine looks

5 Likes

Mine fits in the slot also, the pictures were just to see the off set

6 Likes

There is a little play in mine if I intentionally flex it but I wouldn’t worry about that as long as its clipped in it it won’t break loose. One of a kind firearm and it really has its quirks but with mcarbo upgrades it is a beast. Definitely a head turner at the range.

5 Likes

Just checked mine folded. Zero side-to-side movement. Then again, I used the MCARBO steel screw and standoff set and really cranked the pivot one down tight with medium blue Loctite 242 thread locking compound. I also have the MCARBO rear steel sight, so that might add some stability to my fold hinge, as well.

4 Likes

If tork down the rear sight screws then that sid to side wobble is eliminated but then its stiff to fold and unfold. It locks in place tight with no play in ant direction

3 Likes

It should free up slightly and smooth out over time as the washers/polymer take a set. Mine did.

2 Likes

Hmmm well then I am going to tork it down then

Thanks

3 Likes