G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

It’ll sure keep this from happening…

Now you can s#!t and shoot at the same time. Might actually help move things along if you’re a bit backed up, as a bonus.

I can only imagine the hell from above if coupled with a hanging tree stand. Catchy product name. :grinning:

7 Likes

M*CARBO flat trigger for a coworker’s CZ P10C arrived today along with a handy shank tool.

fjb

5 Likes

I’m sorry but that was a crappy shot.

4 Likes

I don’t know. I see you when you go to wipe and your feet slip out from under you and you land on it in your back or on your head see that being a problem

5 Likes

EyE YaM LeeT EnuFF…

My kids think it looks cool, and in all honesty its probably better than the cheapo scope i have on my 10/22 now. Itll be a learning experience in quality at least.
Its been on my wish list for 2 years… i dont think my wife is going for it…

3 Likes

Of course they do…hell, even I think it looks kind of cool, but it does go downhill from there for me…

There was jest as well as honesty in my original comment. It took me until just recently to finally install a flashlight on one of my AR-15’s…and I was running irons exclusively on that gun as well until about the same time. Of the few pieces of glass I do own, I don’t think any one scope cost more than $500-$600 max, with most being under $400, 1x sights at around $300. No lasers, no red dots.

4 Likes

You might try this one:

I know someone who might have a range report to share tomorrow - hint, hint :wink:

:turkey: :telescope:

p.s. Arken has good stuff and good deals, especially if you bundle an options pack when you order. :turkey:

2 Likes

I’m not in the market, really, I’m actually covered and then some. I’ve got a longer range scope with no home at the moment… :unamused:

3 Likes

I know i put the gun brick back in its spot when i got done with it. I cant say though if the other guys who has used it since me returned it. So you might have ask around and see whos hoggin the gun brick so you can use it to find a nice home for your long range scope.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Then after the firearm purchase you will need this…

7 Likes

Not to worry, I just buy when the spirit moves me. :grinning:

As of now one firearm that was up for consideration as a host for the orphaned glass isn’t yet approved for purchase in the PRoMD (and may never be, who knows with this state). This fact makes the new gun/project of brother @Festus that much more interesting (and unquestionably legal here).

I had been eyeballing a CZ 557 some time ago. But now being discontinued and seemingly not being a very prolific gun in the first place made this feel like a poor choice.

Most of my accessorizing lately has been internal, save for one of the LWRC’s…and I have been testing out a number of VZ products lately. But triggers, spring kits and a fair bit of DIY Cajunizing (with more of all likely coming) would be the room I’m in at the moment…and it’s a nice place to be. :wink:

3 Likes

@chilipepper That CZ 557 looks sharp. Why did they discontinue producing? Low demand?

2 Likes

I thought so. Either that look or the walnut M40 route works for me visually.

Fair questions, and I have no answers. All I can say is there seems to be few of them out there. Possibly there were better or at least more well known options for the price (or less). Maybe they sold in low numbers but were really good under-promoted guns and owners are keeping them.

All I know is, for the price of @Festus chosen bolt gun, you could use as is with the Hogue (completely serviceable) and save a bundle, or do a stock and still probably save some coin over what the 557 likely sold for new.

1 Like

Standard 12ga shell packaging doesn’t fit well in military type ammo cans, M19A1 or M2A1/A2, imo.
I saw these plastic MTM ‘crates’ @ Scheels.com with free shipping. Product reviews were acceptable and they were shipped fast. The taller ones were only a buck or two more. FDE available for more.

fjb

4 Likes

Goodies trickling in for the 700.

10 Likes

Multicam ball cap from Gadsden & Culpeper arrived. Navy Jack, Vet nametape, TN and WTP morale patches. :us: :snake: :us:

fjb

7 Likes

Had a free shipping code for TacticalGear.com. Ordered an inexpensive hat and three Mil-Spec Monkey morale patches

Always wanted that monkey head patch, got the $7.99 hat to compare to the other ball caps I have. Surprisingly, the fit is very good on my noggin. Only con is no patch velcro on the back.

And that Fall Out 3 Mini Nuke that @Thatoneguy twisted my arm to purchase arrived today. :sweat_smile:

Not the realistic milspec green I had hoped for, tho. Color is satisfactory, imo.
I added the stencil and cactus artwork on the triangle.

BTW, the first three FO video games were good fun. :video_game:

fjb

6 Likes

Before I press the “Buy” button any CAD (Changes/Additions/Deletions) are appreciated…

2 Likes

The chair is against the wall

1 Like