G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

I used to be like “ten round mags, meh. Go big or go home.” But realized they’re good for bench shooting with a bipod (or obviously hunting.)
And as you have utilized them, as a dedicated placeholder for a certain type of ammo. Case in point:

fjb

6 Likes

My favorite mag for 22 LR is the TriMag…(3 x 10) and it’s a mag pod. :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

I’ve never seen that before. It would be sweet to see that concept in more calibers

4 Likes

Clip three BX-25 magazines on that. And… at least take a picture. Talk about a cool bipod! :rofl:

I bought the same adapter and three 10rd mags last year directly from Ruger. I could not get the magazines to stay on the adapter. No matter what I tried. I called Ruger customer service and after about 30 minutes of trying everything the guy said to just return it for a full refund. I think he thought I was crazy when I asked if I should just super glue them on. Wished it had worked out… nice concept.

4 Likes

1640966344735_1

Primary Arms goods:

fjb

6 Likes

Steve
#1 you need to give them delivery guys a bonus?
#2 is that a single camera or in use differently? I want one.

PM if necessary. :wink:

Larry :innocent:

5 Likes

Oldest video trick in the book. Reverse a vehicle in a tight space very slowly. Drive away forward quickly. Then… edit and record backwards.
A friend of mine solved a rubik’s cube in 30 seconds with his feet by using this method. It went viral. I only believe 25% of what I hear and 26% of what I see.

6 Likes

:thinking: here’s the whole video for review:

All I did was snip the truck backing into my driveway then 2x the speed. A lot easier than that crap you’re talking about.:laughing:

fjb

4 Likes

@Slowest I was making an overall general comment about what I have seen other people do.
Yours was legit… I checked the timestamp before I posted and it wasn’t going backwards. Dude is just freakin’ good at his job. :+1:

4 Likes

@Slowest what camera/security system do you use? I have a Ring doorbell and it’s looking to get replaced

3 Likes

@Savage636 I’ve had a couple of Wyze cams on plans for a good while. They’re decent for my needs, cloud and/or microSD storage.
They make other stuff also, Amazonk sells most of it. These receptacles are kinda neat:

Is the Ring giving issues?

fjb

3 Likes

Yes sir. We’ve had it for a few years, and it worked great for a long time. Now it no longer notifies us of movement, which to me defeats it’s entire point

3 Likes

Im using Eufy battery cams, since i despise service plans, and like to store my own data on site/at home. Still has all the app notifications and remote viewing functions as the ones that charge for plans. Tried Blink cams earlier last year, and they suck if not on a service plan.

Eufy 1080p doorbell view.

Not trying to shill for the company, but if youre interested, they do use a referral rewards program. PM me for a purchase link to help fund my next build !:sunglasses:

6 Likes

That’s how Ring is also. I felt like we were forced to a monthly subscription just to use it as intended. And since we are having problems, I’ve become quite bitter about it. Their customer service is dog shit. They flat out told us to just buy a new doorbell. We are taking their advice, and it won’t be with their company

1 Like

Thinking about trying one…:thinking:
The Wyze plans are about 4 cent a day

fjb

2 Likes

I use Eufy as well for the same reasons.

2 Likes

Palmetto State Armory lower build kit to set up one of the Anderson lowers bought from Primary Arms during their Christmas sale.

fjb

9 Likes

I like gear… I like cops. I have been buying these mass produced morale hook patches from Nine Line for years and give them out to local LEO when I bump into them. Just to say how much I appreciate and respect them, and then let them know with a “gift”…

I decided last month that I wanted something far superior… leather. I worked with @HandyDave (David) and came up with a unique design. I received my first box tonight… once again David way overachieved! :+1:The leather is soooo nice and the metallic blue line turns different shades under different light and angles. I think there are going to be a few happy cops here soon.

11 Likes

I bet they are going to want my @HandyDave holster as well.
Come And Take It… lol.

9 Likes

Great Job! kudos @HandyDave

6 Likes