M*CARBO Brotherhood

G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

I bought a spotting scope

The monocular didn’t do so well.
I have gone to a 200 yd range before snd we had to walk to see the target.

5 Likes

I just can’t seem to focus it to my liking. If you want it give me your address nd I’ll send it to you .Maybe it’ll work for you.

4 Likes

@mgmargate You have mail!

2 Likes

This is like an oversized mouse pad

4 Likes

HF has an inexpensive scope for $50. with a tripod and storage bag.
If it doesn’t work for you, I think you have 90 days to return it for full value.
tiny URL:

3 Likes

this place has 5 different models of Hawke spotting scopes at the moment from $155 to $575. They run each sale for 24 hours or until sold out. They carry a lot of closeout stuff, cheap! All kinds of hunting, clothing and shooting equipment and it changes daily

Current Deals - Camofire Discount Hunting Gear, Camo and Clothing

4 Likes

@TexasEskimo I’ll mail it today.

3 Likes

If your only zeroing only at 100 yds a 45 magnification is good to see .223 holes. If you might zero further buy a 60 magnification. Angle lens or straight lens your choice. You need to see the lines on the sighting in target to make accurate adjustments, good ammo is expensive. Your paying for the lens quality & if your like me I only want to buy one & not return 4 spotting scopes because they’re crap. Just like buying rifle scopes. I’d look @ Amazon & Optics Planet ( don’t forget hr funk 5 % discount ) their reviews., good return policy also.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Slowest
Where ya get them at ?
Larry

Never mind I see it now asd

7 Likes

@TexasEskimo Brian,Check your mailbox. Tracking shows delivered.

4 Likes

Received… going to open and test later. Thanks friend!!! :+1::us:

5 Likes

Wow. Can’t get that Monocular to focus on anything except at about 20 yards. I did have to use a pair of channel locks to even move the inner focus wheel… it was over tightened. I am going to take it apart in the next day or two and see if I can find the problem. I have never had a problem with a Vortex product before so I am curious. Thank you again for sending it to me Mark!!!

4 Likes

@TexasEskimo No problem. I’m curious also.

5 Likes

um, Vortex has a lifetime warranty…just sayin…

7 Likes

@Festus @TexasEskimo Hadn’t thought of that but I looked it up and warranty is valid & transferable without a receipt.
Brian could send it direct to Vortex for repair or replace.

6 Likes

Thought it was worth mentioning.

6 Likes

No doubt…let Vortex take care of it. As you know…they’ve been generous to me. Two Vortex 2 MOA red dots and one 3x magnifier.
Keep us posted.

4 Likes

Sorry, you may reconsider as “was valid”.

:roll_eyes::grimacing::roll_eyes:

Maybe Brian was just joking about that last part…
:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

In case someone from Vortex reads my post… I was just joking. Yeah… that’s the ticket. :innocent:

6 Likes