M*CARBO Brotherhood

G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Jus what i was lookin for brother. thanx

4 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny one is headed this way… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I can double that denial of conformation… and raise it a I cannot recall senator… :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

have you ever seen someone, Who after watching a you tube video, decided the could remove a barrel? improvising? we dont need no block or reaction bar… still thinking of welding it back up. I got enough beat up old broke parts to build a couple of “Buy Back” rifles to fund another one… :smiling_imp: :crazy_face:

broke front and back at the ejection port. forged 7075 receiver. less than 100 rounds. messed up the screws in the handguard and screwed up the gas tube.

5 Likes

Same guy that tunes three deuces with a ballpeen hammer…
Weld 'er up! Throw a coat of Alumahyde on it and call it done.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Guns For 2021

Got my Gadsden Culpeper order [finally]. Good place to shop for 2A paraphernalia. Being an ex-swabee, the Navy Jack is appropriate colors to fly.

Also a few morale patches and med info…jic

6 Likes

Great company to do business with. I have several flags and about 50 (probably more) of their moral patches.

5 Likes

The rest of my Holosun optics [finally] arrived today. :partying_face:
HS512Cs and HM3Xs

9 Likes

A few Magpul goodies arrived today…

And these pins…

4 Likes

@Slowest Nice haul! I am fairly new to the AR world. The Maglink Couplers… are the mags supposed to be facing the same direction (as in the image) or the opposite direction of the other for tactical reloads? I want to buy a couple.
Maybe a stupid question, but also may educate others.

4 Likes

my new ruck sweet thang got me for Christmas. been on backorder since last October.
well worth the wait.

this is givin ALICE a much deserved brake. posted about this sommers else…

4 Likes

Which is correct? Or both depending on personal choice or utility?

2 Likes

I do top to top, just in case recoil pulse going down bounces the down mag rounds out,or you have to go prone quick and bury bullets in the dirt.also shoot high mag first and move to the left to load low, you wont have bouncers out the ejection port.
just remember shooting doubles changes the balance on your rifle .as well as weight.
I have doublers but truth be told i prefer loading singles and a vest stack…

8 Likes

@GOBLIN Awesome explanation Buck. Thank you for not ripping the AR newbie here. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I watched this before I ponied up…

Decent review/explanation.

4 Likes

I noticed in the video he said to shoot low mag first. Personal preference I imagine(?).
Great video.

3 Likes

one thing he didnt say if you do add doubles also add a extended mag release and BAD lever, so you dont have to fumble with tight spaces trying to drop the bolt or drop the mag…dont use the metal ones such as the HK quick release on plastic mags. it will distort them.

i am specially modified to run doubles without finger interference, but i wouldn’t advise the modification
one you run first is just preference. if im shooting righty its normal for me to drop a mag reach with my left and reload. right hand controlling everything else. its just more natural for me to pull to the left with the left. if im shooting lefty i just push to the left. really just choice.

6 Likes

HK style do not use on poly or alloy AR mags works great on steel.

5 Likes

You just sold me on this. Saved me a few dollars too. Maybe I’ll change my mind if I get my finger specially modified like yours. No hurry on that though.

4 Likes