M*CARBO Brotherhood

"Full Rambo Mode"

So Monday evening at 2233, we had two small temblors, or earthquakes. Didn’t even notice the first, at 2.3, while the second at 4.5 did get my attention. I was sitting out back on the patio enjoying the quiet and was just heading inside when the second hit. The wife was already in bed. My dog by my side as we entered and bang! Sounded (to me) like someone was trying to gain entry into our home…grabbed my snubbie and went to check the perimeter…wife says “Earthquake”…I says “intruders”…“NO, earthquake”…continued my rounds and determined it was all clear. Now, that would be the end of the story for most but,…the misses got such a kick out of my actions she felt compelled to share with friends and family how I went into “Full Rambo Mode” until I was convinced there was no threat. Better safe than sorry as I’ve heard…

13 Likes

My gf does a thing we call CSI mode - 'cause that’s where she learned the pistol/flashlight hold she’s used to clear the yard many, many times.

Imagine the blonde from CSI Miami clearing the back yard at your house. You’re welcome - I always enjoy imagining her as well.

I just loose the hounds and wait by the back door with a pistol. Her method is much more arousing so I don’t clue her in about the dogs.

7 Likes

Nice image, thanks! Checking the surveillance footage showed the “bump”, all the cameras wiggled at 2233.

5 Likes

@Festus

I only experienced one tremor in my life being on the East Coast. I was in the Public Library at the time. I almost ‘jumped’ the person seated in front of me in the computer room for kicking the leg of the table… Talking about going into ‘Full Rambo Mode!’ :rofl:

Blockquote

7 Likes

yea, girlchild accuses me of going full tilt rabid, in prep for a flood or hurricane. down to the last detail. which includes running rope and 2 chainsaws positioned in the attic…she has actually remarked that i enjoy the wind up to the event…

5 Likes

I have “iraq mode” the wife knows to stand clear and not question odd behaviors performed in Iraq mode, eventually normal operation will resume.

7 Likes

I experience PSDT from old fights at the pool room, does that count.

5 Likes

Wife thinks its crazy that I have a home defense weapon, with some sort of flashlight, in “EVERY” room in our house…yes even the bathroom!! I’m an old boy scout who believes in being prepared. They are all secured in such a way that only she and I can get to them, but we can do so very fast!!

7 Likes