M*CARBO Brotherhood

Front site on gen 2

Is it possible to change the front site post to a fiber optic type?

2 Likes

@Mcrosa HIVIZ makes them and are available at Midway USA.

2 Likes

thanks. Is this a simple manner of unscrewing the current post and screwing this one in?

2 Likes

Essentially yes, with two caveats. One, a sight tool makes the process of removing, installing and adjusting the front sight post much easier as it locks into the four notches on the post and pushes the detent down at the same time…and you can use it on most ARs as well. Two, you might need to be careful not to lose/launch the sight detent, it’s the spring loaded nub that keeps the elevation adjustment locked in. I usually maintain pressure with the sight tool until fully unthreaded, then slowly release pressure upward, keeping an eye on the detent/spring.

5 Likes

Thanks, going to order both.

2 Likes

If you go with a sight post similar to the one shown by brother @dave67 above, do be careful of the sight tool you choose as some of them may not have sufficient clearance inside the tool (they are basically machined tubes with four points milled at the ends) and may bind before completely seating on the post for installation/adjustment. That said, you may find that the manufacturer of the post you choose offers a sight tool as an add-on, I would hope in that case it would work flawlessly with their own sight post.

3 Likes

@chilipepper Looks like I posted that HIVIZ sight post once before from Amazon and pretty sure it comes with sight tool.

3 Likes

Add the plastic ziplock as a catch .

1 Like

According to this wright up IT DOES come with a tool.https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/68390
Here is the HIVIZ video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXVbP47B0k&ab_channel=AmericanaOutdoors

3 Likes

Well I ordered a separate site tool. The write up at Midway did not mention the tool. If it does come with a tool then I will probably return it or give it to my gunsmithing aspiring grandson.

Thanks all. I can’t wait to get to the range.

Mike

2 Likes